ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miss my 182 :o(

Hey people, Good to see the forum going strong still. Thought i would come on and see whats going on now with the clios. Some of you may remember i moved to the US and sold my 182 and boy do i miss her. Ended up with a yank tank 09 F150 which im very happy with but man i miss my little hottie hatch.

Everyone still loving the Clio's then?
I tryed to find one over here but they used to sell renault cars donkeys years ago but not anymore. No one even heard of them lol

clio 182 black /gold
Yes i still love mine :)
DSCF0204.jpg

Yes i still love mine :)

Thats it Leeshez make me miss mine some more lol. Hey Lee how do you get your Thumbnail of your car to look like that again. Didnt a member on here used to do that for you??? Wanna try and do that to my truck lol

Here was my baby

DSCF0011.gif

inductionkitspecc4.gif

Here's my new toy. Not as much fun around corners but boy she makes a rumble lol

IMG_1682.gif

IMG_1686.gif

172 cup
Colchester! Close to me!

I have to rub it in too... i still love mine! Sod driving an american truck!! ;)

Colchester! Close to me!

I have to rub it in too... i still love mine! Sod driving an american truck!! ;)

Hey Becca. Used to drive past silver end a lot. How long you had your car for because i always used to see one about around there about 2 years ago?

I still have my pics of her though lol.

172 cup
Hey 3000! :S
I've had mine for about 18months (Aug 07)! So wouldn't have been me you saw! There are quite a few around the Witham area!

Just to rub it in... here's mine...

HatfieldHeath4.jpg

blankednumberplate.jpg

2008_0803XmasEveSpoons0043.jpg

Clio4.jpg

0021.jpg

hhhmmm... i think that's enough!!

Just measured the truck and got the dimensions of the clio. This cracked me up. If i leave the tailgate down i could fit the clio in the back of the bed lol. I dont think i could ever go back to a car that small. We have a Range rover sport and that feels super cramped compaired to the f150.

Sizedifference.gif

B

bach 172

hi i live bout 10 min drive from colchester. didnt no there were so many clios around this area.that little bit of the yellow 182 you can see in 1 of ur pics is it owned by a building inspector from braintree.

PH1 172
Yep I am loving my 172 but I wouldn't mind owning a F150 as they are beasts!!

Where abouts in the US did you move to and what was it like adapting out there as I have always wanted to move to the US?

Was it really 1.5 years ago that you left? I remember reading your threads, time fly's!

Yeah sure was 172boost. Don't know if you remember the story but i sold my car to move here then she dumped me lol. I was not happy and upset big time. Really liked her a lot. Well i waited for a year for her as i knew she would not stay with this bloke she was with and now we have been married for a year lol. Funny how things work out.

Yep I am loving my 172 but I wouldn't mind owning a F150 as they are beasts!!

Where abouts in the US did you move to and what was it like adapting out there as I have always wanted to move to the US?

They ain't really silly quick like some of them out here but they are a beast as you say. Massive inside and massive outside. Don't do bad 0-60 7.8 but very cheap to have the SC conversion and that can knock it upto 500hp without to much problem. Some people got 700-800bhp version here. They can move lol

I moved to Virginia and to be honest don't miss the UK at all. Really makes you realize how bad UK really is. Miss some cars though that you cant get here. But there's are so many +'s here we have a massive lake here with 500+ miles of coast line and wakeboard out on it in the summer a lot. Got a lake house down on the water so very easy to launch the boat when we wanna go out on the water. Got a new boat last year as well so enjoying her. Massive ski resort is just 3 hour drive from here so get to go snow boarding in the winter as well. Summer is also 1000000% better than the UK. We live between some mountains and it gets cold here but summer will start in about 3 more months and it will get to 35-40c most days for months on end and sun will shine 99% of the summer. Opposite to the UK lol had to sell everything to get here but started to get me hobby's back into line slowly.

Here's the lake toy and the guy with the gut and boobs is me bro in law lol. I aint put on loads of weight.

P6100187.gif

Could you not import a LHD 182?

I did look into that but from what i have been told the car has to pass a safety test where it has to meet US safety specs for bumpers and stuff like that. Plus the exchange rate would sting me for a Clio esp after importing it with all the taxes. Parts would be crazy as well i guess.

bsimmer - I notice the F150 has Virginia plates on it. Is that where you are now? Have you ever made the trip down to the Dragon's Tail at Deal's Gap?

http://tailofthedragon.smugmug.com/TailoftheDragonPictures

Not sure the F150 would be much to enjoy on there, but the 300C we hired was entertaining enough. Not a patch on how the 182 would have been though! :)

D.

Well spotted Darren. Yeah we are in Roanoke. Never heard of Dragons tail or deal's Gap. I'm still trying to find my way around the local area lol. Well you been here at least. Did ya enjoy it in Virginia? Tell me you went to a cracker barrel for breakfast??? There's quit a few trails around her that i have yet to explore as i mountain bike and I'm surround by mountain trails and parkways where they go on for hundreds of miles along the mountains. Get in big big big trouble you speed on that though as it comes under federal law. They will have you big time. But it looks like a race track for the whole 500+ miles lol. There's never a car on it.

image1.jpg

Blue_Ridge_Parkway-27527.jpg

The first thing i said to my wife when she took me on that road was dam i wish i had my clio lol. She has a mazda 6 v6 which dont hang around but the clio would have loved these corners. The only problem would be if you got caught, your going to prison lol

But it's crazy at it's like something of GT5P and it's asking for trouble going down it with a powerful car or bike lol

Ultra Red Clio 197
Looks like a far far better lifestyle to what we have in the UK! oh well! Ive always like the idea of moving away like you.. but out of interest what area do you work in as I know some countries are fussy about just who they let in... i.e. must have a trade. doctor etc etc...

Looks like a far far better lifestyle to what we have in the UK! oh well! Ive always like the idea of moving away like you.. but out of interest what area do you work in as I know some countries are fussy about just who they let in... i.e. must have a trade. doctor etc etc...

Yeah the lifestyles are totally different. If ya work hard out here you get nice house and car and you do well for ya self. You work hard in UK and you get ripped of left right and center and taxed upto the eyeballs.

It's a mission to get out here Rossmac. I applied for a thing called a K1 visa which means they will let me out here if i marry my fiancee within 6 months of getting the visa. It's cost us quit a few k and took over a year from start to finish and paper work was unreal. Back and forward to the anal US embasy in London and then medicals. I was lucky as my wife done all the paper work cause i cant stand filling out stuff like that. It was a easy 1000+ pages of documents and paperwork. Other than doing that it's almost impossible to move out here. Some people ait 5-10 years to get out her on some visa's. Your nest bet is line up work or try an exchange program of some kind. Meet ya self a nice US girl then go from there. lol I meet my wife in mexico on a one night stand lol.

PH1 172
Sounds like the year waiting and the move to the US has worked out very well for you mate. Can't see the pics at work so will have a ganders at the new toys when I remember to go on at home. One day I will move to the US as like you say the +s against the UK are so much better :)