ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk 1 Clio - Engine keeps cutting out - help please!

Renault Clio RT Automatic
Hi all, my missus has a 1993 1.4 Clio Auto and when she puts it into reverse and locks the wheel fully the engine cuts out. Also when driving and coming to a stop the lights in the dashboard for oil etc flicker. Does anyone know what this might be??
Help please! Thanks all!

auto box is abotu to get very expensive. light come on cause the box drags the engien speed right down ready to stall it.

My avice sell it or be prepared to throw money at it like Kate Moss on coke on new years eve!

Fiesta ST
Socrates1977 said:
Hi all, my missus has a 1993 1.4 Clio Auto and when she puts it into reverse and locks the wheel fully the engine cuts out. Also when driving and coming to a stop the lights in the dashboard for oil etc flicker. Does anyone know what this might be??
Help please! Thanks all!

The Power Steering draws the power from the engine, you should notice when turning the wheels at idle sitting still the rev's will change. If it's stalling when that happens then I'm guessing the idle is too low. I don't know how to change this though... sorry.

well thats a daft way of saying that, I assumed it was under braking.

After all 100% of normal people lock the wheel they mean the road wheels.