ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 16v - Clutch ratchet part number?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Alright guys,

With the help of Coops, I've discovered that my clutch issue seems to be something to do with the ratchet. The issue being that it randomly goes very light and I can't select a gear. A quick yank upwards of the clutch pedal seems to do the trick.

Does anyone have a part number for this at all please?

I assume that all mk1's have the same part, rather than being 16v/williams specific?

After doing a bit of research, it appears that it is a bit of a b*****d to fit. Fun fun!

Cheers,
Luke.

They aren't to bad fitting tbh just a nightmare getting in the footwell to get at it, Best option is to buy the complete clutch pedal assembley which comes with everything and iirc only cost me about £40 (2 years ago):eek:

also look up the back of the pedal box near the clutch pedal and see if the green stopper is there (what the pedal sits against when disengaged) mine was missing on one of my clios and caused havock with selecting gears.

may have the part number at home but working at the moment..

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
if you'd asked a week ago, you could have had the one out of my RSI, but I just had it squashed.

You don't need a part number to order parts, never understood why people think this. I'll get you one sent to you if you want

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers all, I'll check for that green stopper tonight Martin. Unfortunately Dan, I've only just found out the problem today! Poor RSI though.

I'll get that one ordered Coops, nice one. I'm also going to buy a Haynes manual :eek: