ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 172’s- Rare

Lots of Alfas

That red one is gorgeous, they are deffo rarer, mostly see 182s and the odd 172 mk2 around here.

RENAULT CLIO 172 CUP

I saw a silver MKI 172 a couple of weeks ago now.

It looked really clean & seemed to be lowered on 17s.

Anyway, I pulled up next to him in my 172 Cup at the lights. I was having a good look at his car and admiring it for its condition.

When we pulled away we booted it and I proceeded to leave him behind.

That weight saving certainly made itself known in 2nd & 3rd!

Megane 225 baby! :)

There are loads around Hampshire, especially Southampton area;) mine being one of them! :D

Golf R/Leon FR

Yeah that red one is really clean lokks like alot of work has gone into cleaning it.

the red one is very nice still like the silver ones better.

Suzuki SV1000S

Quote: Originally posted by rodders on 08 April 2005

I saw a silver MKI 172 a couple of weeks ago now.

It looked really clean & seemed to be lowered on 17s.

Anyway, I pulled up next to him in my 172 Cup at the lights. I was having a good look at his car and admiring it for its condition.

When we pulled away we booted it and I proceeded to leave him behind.

Lol, I had my gran in the car mate so I wasnt really booting it!! hehe

Have any of you guys got a mk1 172 in Iceburg Silver, they all seem to be in Titan Silver, ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Sawa on 08 April 2005

There are loads of slow Silver ones around Hampshire, especially Southampton area;) mine being one of them! :D
Agreed, Black is definitely faster :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by rodders on 08 April 2005

Until he went past you under braking while nice and cool :devilish:

You shouldnt diss the performance of the Mk1s as they are not too far away from cup pace ;)

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00

Mines titanium silver and I also live by the coast, spooky!

I think the Mk1 looks better and the Mk2 is the plain one. Would have gone for the Mk 2 Cup but it only saves 15 or 16 kg over the Mk1.

Suzuki SV1000S

I originally bought a Cup, It had sooo many rattles that I lost count. Went back to the mk1 172 - First car I have owned for more than a year so it must be good - Def. feels faster than the cup too, although not so standard anymore,lol

Mine is Iceburg Silver, Has to have been one of the last for that colour as it is a mk2 colour - Dont know whether to feel happy or left out!!

172beast

Dinosaurs were also the most powerful beasts ever to grace the earth :p

Sinclair C5

Quote: Originally posted by 172beast on 08 April 2005

Dinosaurs were also the most powerful beasts ever to grace the earth :p
Not sure if a dinosaur and a small Renault are really comparible when it comes to power :confused:

I dont own a Silver Mk1 or a dinosaur (anyone know the 0-60 on them?), but my filthy red Clio can be seen hiding in the distance behind Bubbles car!

172beast

That yellow un lowered? Looks low at the back?

Book figures for the dinosaur:

0-60 = 6.6
0-100 = 17.9
60-0 = 2.7
Standing qtr = 15.0 @ 94mph

Got a nice little mag when I bought mine, all figures from that, looks like a Autocar review.

172beast

Nice, looks smart!!!!

If anyone wants this mag article btw, PM me and Ill email it

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

all this talk of mk1s makes me want to trade the 182 in!!!!!! they look cool as....

182 is begining to get a stigma.....;)

Day, youre not loyal to the mk1 club! mk2 side strips! :eek:

[Edited by Dan on 6/4/2005 10:54:24 PM]

and lights!