ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 172 faster than a 182

I have a Mk1 172 with 62,000 miles on and it is rapid. Its got better with age! Was wondering when i get my new 182 next month if it will feel any faster than my current 172?? Any ideas......

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

You wont notice any real difference. The 182 may feel slower to begin with due to it being tighter.

I have just come from a mk1 172 to a new 182. They are not to far apart. To be honest at first the 182 felt slower but there is no way it is. It just doesnt feel as fast as the Mk1 172 was a little more hard core. The 182 is a lot more defined.

I have had the 182 for nearly 2 weeks and even though I am still running it in it has impressed me endlessly.

From a guy that loved his mk1 172 to bits is a complement.

Quote: Originally posted by MattB on 23 January 2005

I have a Mk1 172 with 62,000 miles on and it is rapid. Its got better with age! Was wondering when i get my new 182 next month if it will feel any faster than my current 172?? Any ideas......

The 182 will feel a little slower at first due to being "Tight", but once you have covered a good few miles it should feel about the same.

saw a Top Gear program a few years ago where they had a 65k mile Golf16v verse another Golf with only 4k miles on and it was amazing how much faster the "run in" one was.....multivalve engines love mileage it seems... :D

Simon.