ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 172 upgraded pads & discs

It time for new front brake pads! but i was thinking of getting upgraded pads and discs - has anyone else done it - what did get? I have phoned around a few places this morning but there doesnt seem to be much available - I got a quote for some EBC pads at £57 and EBC discs at £127 but i dont know how good they are, does anyone????

Cheers

H 8ENJ

EBC Pads will be the green stuff ones and these are supposed to be very good. K-Tec do a set of front disks and pads (not sure about the price (http://www.k-tecracing.comwww.k-tecracing.com). Otherwise TarOx do a good set of discs. (have heard that the ABS kicks in a little more often with drilled/vented discs).

When I get round to it I will be getting the EBC set too I think. Run a search on the forum as there are loads of topics about brake upgrades etc. I want to get the back set upgraded at the same time but havent heard many people do that yet!!

Cheers Cord, you done any mods to your clio?

I was playing with a Nova on the way to work this morning - quite fun - he pi$$ed on me - and when i wound my window down next to him in traffic i found out why!! : he had put a 2 litre turbo lump in it running about 310BHp - it didnt half shift. :mad:

Ive just read one of your other posts Cord - good choice with the 17s - ive put them on too. what wheels have u got - mine are BK eclipse 7 spokes look v nice. I would say that it has slowed the car down a bit, but its still quicker than most.