ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 1996 1.2 first project

2.0 tsi Scirocco
Hey everyone this is my first car, iv had it for 2 months so far and not having a job is making it hard to do any big mods on it haha but iv done small things so far.

I know its only a 1.2 but iv only had a liscence for 2 months haha and iv always wanted to mod a car, i dont wanna go crazy i just wanna make it look smart.

The car the day i got it -
CLIO-1.jpg

CLIO2-1.jpg

CLIO3-1.jpg

Tinted indicators -

tinted.jpg

Williams steering wheel -
SSL23996.jpg

Also fitted 16V seats! but havnt got any pictures of them

current condition -
SSL24013.jpg

SSL24012.jpg

(not completely finished the filling yet)
SSL24014.jpg

SSL24016.jpg

othe little things that i have done with the car is started to smooth the boot, iv taken of the black door protector stickers. I have also colour coded the side bump strips which you can see in the pictures and sprayed the front badge black.

My future plans are to colour code the bumpers and wing mirrors, spray the wheels black, lower it, i might de-wiper the rear aswell, get smocked side repeaters, thats about it so far

Let me know what you think and what else may look good!

Cheers

Rb 182
That looks a great base to start from, for mk1s go for simple mods.

Lower it and a nice set of wheels turbines, Ph2 16v wheels or willy wheels.

Keep us up to date.

Never above 25mpg
Nice! The only mod I did to my old 1.2 mk1 (aside from a sound system) was a valver steering wheel!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
will be a good little project, keep the black bumpers, slam it and a set of black turbines would look mean!!

2.0 tsi Scirocco
That looks a great base to start from, for mk1s go for simple mods.

Lower it and a nice set of wheels turbines, Ph2 16v wheels or willy wheels.

Keep us up to date.

im gunna get some new wheels eventually, but as of bad lack of money im just gunna refurb the ones i have and spray them black possibly im definatly gunna get it lowered :) cus iv found they dont handle so great haha

Nice! The only mod I did to my old 1.2 mk1 (aside from a sound system) was a valver steering wheel!

iv done the sound system a lil bit in this, got a nice pioneer head unit, stuck some 6 inch pioneer speakers in the back and got a 1200 watt 12 inch sony xplod :) does the job!

2.0 tsi Scirocco
right i thought it was time to do a lil update since i havnt writen anything in ages and havnt really done much since i dont this except painting some things orange

(dont ask why i did that being unemployed makes u very bored and gives u stupid ideas lol)

im gunna change them soon probably cus i get mixed opinions on them, anyway except from that iv just been cleanin it lots and looking after it :)

but now its christmas and would like some opinions on what i should do next! im either thinking getting some new bumpers and colour code lots of things... or get it lowered... or get some new alloys... or refurb mine... opinions? :) help? :)

heres some pictures of its condition atm (still need to finish sanding the boot and getting it sprayed =/)

4147991305_8f64e79174.jpg

4147988811_33da8b5587.jpg

4147980123_8ba6d15b2b.jpg

4144397192_54c8561080.jpg

Cheers! :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I like the orange, is a bit of something different! You thought about doing the wheels black to match indicators? OR orange :rasp:

2.0 tsi Scirocco
i'd go lower, then maybe a valver front bumper and rt rear

i havnt lowred it at all yet lol anyone wanna recommened a half decent set of springs n shocks??

also i actualy have the money to get some new bumpers i just cant find and valver ones!

2.0 tsi Scirocco
I like the orange, is a bit of something different! You thought about doing the wheels black to match indicators? OR orange :rasp:

i was thiking about orange... but then i think that might be too much lol so soon im gunna do them in black :p i was thiking about doing my mirrors orange aswell lol

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Lowered 40mm on some turnis and it will look ace! Clear side repeaters as well if possible? and a cliosport.net sticker, it adds 10bhp :D

2.0 tsi Scirocco
haha i think im gunna stick with my alloys, even tho they arnt really anything decent at all i kinda like them, think they will look alot better when black :) i really need to start posting more on this forum i go on it every day just have nothing valid to say in any thread haha im having trouble finding a williams for valver front bumper :( why do they have to be so rare!

E36 M3. 182
An RT is a trim level on the mk1 clio. I think they normally have body coloured bumpers with foglights. If I were you, id go for RT front and rear bumpers, colour coded to your car, ditch the fogs for some air ducts and paint them the orange like the badges, then lower it. Some turbines would be cool too imo.:cool:

2.0 tsi Scirocco
An RT is a trim level on the mk1 clio. I think they normally have body coloured bumpers with foglights. If I were you, id go for RT front and rear bumpers, colour coded to your car, ditch the fogs for some air ducts and paint them the orange like the badges, then lower it. Some turbines would be cool too imo.:cool:

that sounds like a pretty awesome idea!

im on the hunt for bumpers now!

not sure about turbines tho, just sticking with my alloys until i actualy get a job and get some new wheels haha

non sport
put on some williams wheels and refurb them...orange!! and drop it to the max!!i think thatd look so good

2.0 tsi Scirocco
put on some williams wheels and refurb them...orange!! and drop it to the max!!i think thatd look so good

i did want some williams wheels at one point... but im not sure, and i think would be to much orange, i live in a bad part of colchester, so my car would get broken into haha

i bought a feel small things for my car today, some new wing mirrors (i dont know peoples fews about wing mirrors on here) and got tinted side indicators.

tommorow im hopefully getting a new bonnet (dont know if you can see in the pictures but its been broken ever since i bought the car along with a cracked headlamp which i still need to replace!) also gunna try super hard to order some new bumpers!

slowly getting there!

E36 M3. 182
Loving the mk1s tbh, every time a thread like this comes up, makes me check ph for a clean 1.2 like my old one!!!

2.0 tsi Scirocco
i seem to be having problems with what i actualy wanna do with this car =/

id love to spend a bit of money on it, making it sorta euro styled maybe smothing of some parts, making it stand out a bit better but then sometimes im wandering whether its worth it and just save my money until i eventually can get a bit of a better car.

what do others think?

2.0 tsi Scirocco
im not too bofered about speed really, more looks, theres nowhere to use the speed around here without getting your liscence taken away

2.0 tsi Scirocco
i know this has nothing to do with this thread, but i finally pay to become a proper member wheeey

Clio mk1
Nice thread, was it easy to change the steering wheel / how much / is it better as mine is like driving a fookin bus.

2.0 tsi Scirocco
the steering wheel was super easy to change... just one bolt under the center cover, cant remember the size of the actualy torx bolt but its big haha just use lots off force wiggle the old st eering wheel off and put the new one on... the steering wheel was 30 quid, but it was worn black in the middle so i sprayed it silver myself and it is hell of alot better and feels alot nice then using the standard 1.2 steering wheels

Clio mk1
Ok, but what about the air bag did you need to disconnect the battery as I don't fancy being hit in the face with one.

2.0 tsi Scirocco
well my one didnt have an airbag, do you know for sure yours has one? if it does then i dunno what you should do sorry lol

Clio mk1
Well it says "airbag" on the steering wheel but I doubt anything is in there probs just for show :)

2.0 tsi Scirocco
haha fair enough, my old steering wheel was hooorrible yours must be different to mine then, my mate has a phase 3 and his didnt have an airbag in it

2.0 tsi Scirocco
iv been thinking about changing mine to a phase 3 front, since i wanna get new bumpers anyway, i need a new bonnet cus mines ruined, and i need to place a headlamp cus one of mines got a huge crack in it haha

anyone think this might be a good idea?

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
may as well put a valver front end on, what does look good is ph3 bumper with a valver bonnet.