ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Clio 20v Turbo

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I will update the proper thread later this week, but a sneaky pic of the car now I have picked it up from Mr Flan! He has done a crackin job of the mounts and drive shafts!

I have a Seat Sport 20v Turbo engine here now which I think I am going to swap this one for as it has a load of uprated parts on it, which has also been blueprinted by a proper BTCC tuning company and has covered only 200 miles from new after being run in.

SNC001371024x768.jpg

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
should be around 280-300hp @flywheel with the other engine and K04. the guy I got it from races the Leons, and he has the exact same engine with the K04 and is running 299hp!

M

mini-valver

Nice! Matt's was an animal with 400. Should be mental fast on track if you get it set-up right!

looking good mate:).....you'll never go back to reno powered cars when the conversion is complete.

i miss mine alot, as dave said it was an animal with 400+ hp, your setup will be mint on the road/track........good darts.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Should have fitted steel rods / forged pistons whilst the block was out.

They will run at 300 bhp + but they dont last long

K04's are only good for about 275 bhp

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Hi Matt,

I've bought a blueprinted 20v engine also so this one will be coming out soon. I would be happy with anything around 270+! The guy I got the engine from has the exact same one in his car with the K04 and claims to be running 299hp. He said it gets thrashed within an inch of its life every time its run (as he races leon's in a btcc league of some sort) and its been fine.

Will see what happens once its plumbed in and mapped etc! I'm not looking to run it at its maximum capability, around 270hp would be plenty for the time being!

Last edited:
  20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
yeh its white! you may well have seen me matey, im usually out and about various places, im not far from there!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Hi Matt,

I've bought a blueprinted 20v engine also so this one will be coming out soon. I would be happy with anything around 270+! The guy I got the engine from has the exact same one in his car with the K04 and claims to be running 299hp. He said it gets thrashed within an inch of its life every time its run (as he races leon's in a btcc league of some sort) and its been fine.

Will see what happens once its plumbed in and mapped etc! I'm not looking to run it at its maximum capability, around 270hp would be plenty for the time being!

Should be safe - you will be in for a shock even with that power. A grand would see you with Steel rods + Forged pistons and a 1.9 overbore. This set up will take anything up to 550 bhp.

You will get bored of 270 horses ;)

williams and trophy
they never left mate. just the newer model owners chose to ignore them as their cars are supposed to be better ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
they never left mate. just the newer model owners chose to ignore them as their cars are supposed to be better ;)

they died out on this forum, very little was mentioned about them, i have always stated even though i now own a mark 2 that the valver i had was a better car, i still stand by this...

the people that have only had mark 2's have a limited and tarnished usually uneducated opinion....its pish

ValverInBits
they died out on this forum, very little was mentioned about them, i have always stated even though i now own a mark 2 that the valver i had was a better car, i still stand by this...

the people that have only had mark 2's have a limited and tarnished usually uneducated opinion....its pish

here here :D

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i will make a return to mark 1 ownership today, was chatting with a guy at work who owns a very nicey modded civic type r, lots of money spent on quality gear.....he really fancy's an ep civic though, there is something about older cars...fact

ValverInBits
going from a valver to a 172 I thought it was going to be great. No rust to worry about, no reliability issues.
Looking back, the valver was hardly any trouble at all. Only when it did go wrong, I was ALWAYS able to do all the work/servicing myself and parts were cheap as chips. The 172 hasnt been the same at all.
Handling wise, the valver is in a different league. If you have the balls to lean on it, it really grips. Totally blew my mind. Whereas the 172 seems predictably understeer happy at all times (with much better tyres on it too). 172 is also a handful under hard braking on standard suspension.
172 is certinally faster, especially with decat and manifold, valver is just better in every other way. I don't even use the AC ffs. My valver project is underway, and it's not a track car.

edit: apologies for the major off topic essay.

williams and trophy
i will make a return to mark 1 ownership today, was chatting with a guy at work who owns a very nicey modded civic type r, lots of money spent on quality gear.....he really fancy's an ep civic though, there is something about older cars...fact

think its summat to do with its you thats in control. none o this abs, tc, esp s**t.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

His is an EP. ;)

He means an EG/EK, most likely.

williams and trophy
totally agree.......its a much better feeling

its even the same with the works van....transit. try play in the snow...soon as it gets anywhere near sideways..all hell breaks loose, all power cuts out..you can feel the brakes coming on on 1 caliper........its f**king horrid.

gone are the days of having to be a fairly decent driver to go fast....now any muppet can go pretty quick...take all the electrickery off...theyl b in the first hedge they come across.