ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1: Fire Extinguisher - Where To Put It?

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
Does anyone else have an extinguisher in their mk1 which they use day to day (the car i mean, i.e. not a stripped track beast?)?

Where do you all have them mounted/where would people suggest. Was thinking on the little ridge in the rear, where the centre passenger would put their feet either side of; however someone suggested it was a "f**king minefield" drilling through there.

Suggestions/pics please :)

why doesn't anyone put them in the boot?

or where the jack is under the bonet on a mk1 providing you can fix it. Probs is if you have been hit in the front you might not get the bonet up to get at it.

Rb 182
Nyphur said:
Does anyone else have an extinguisher in their mk1 which they use day to day (the car i mean, i.e. not a stripped track beast?)?

Where do you all have them mounted/where would people suggest. Was thinking on the little ridge in the rear, where the centre passenger would put their feet either side of; however someone suggested it was a "f**king minefield" drilling through there.

Suggestions/pics please :)

I had mines there. It was only a small one so i cut 2 very small slits in the carpet and used cable ties, no pics as it came out when i fitted my valver carpet :)

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
yorkie said:
why doesn't anyone put them in the boot?

or where the jack is under the bonet on a mk1 providing you can fix it. Probs is if you have been hit in the front you might not get the bonet up to get at it.

Boot would cost you a few valuable seconds, to run round, open the boot, reach in, possibly clear out the way anything you had in the boot, reach over and unclip it, get it out, run round to the front.
Under the bonnet would get pretty hot, plus.....if the engines on fire, i dont fancy opening the bonnet, popping open some little plastic clips (which will probably melt to my hands...) then removing it. Plus then wheres the jack going to go...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Where i put mine in my old track day Valver.

Changes003-1.jpg

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
This is mine plumbed in to engine and driver area - ok its not for day to day use but you can fit 2 seats in there no problem

trackcar4.jpg