ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

Bleach? Replace it? Ha.

So glad you didn't give up with this. Those wheels look awesome. Going to be cracking when its done.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
cant find new replacements, problem with it being 31 years old i guess. plus just spent a silly amount of money on wheels, polishing and tyres so really must make sure i just buy the essentials now... exhaust being key now

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
2bdabdba.jpg

07e94880.jpg

tyresss!!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i wouldnt calll this a performance car haha..

aye 195s on the 9s and 185s on the 8s :D should be decent

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
We will see how they go but they rank ok these days on review sites and ALOT of the VW boys run them because of the sizes available. I had millenniums on the Z4 for 18k and ive never even heard of those lol . They wont be used in winter anyway just summer, but it they really are terrible ill have to change them

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
EEK oh well only company that do 185/15s so i didnt really have too much of an option.. we will see

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Looking at getting another Mk1 as a project. I am f**king insane. Nankangs aren't THAT bad, but they are ditchfinders. Continental or Falken usually do good sizes, but if its not the size you want then f**k the hate.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
cant find new replacements, problem with it being 31 years old i guess. plus just spent a silly amount of money on wheels, polishing and tyres so really must make sure i just buy the essentials now... exhaust being key now
remove it then fill with sand or dry rice. Shake the hell out of it.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
6051efd6.jpg

shes alive!!! drove her for the 1st time today!! stalled it about a million times but wow feels amazing to drive it! only a a hundred yards or so up and down the drive.

Is the yellow a period VW colour?

I must admit I'd have been tempted to go with signal yellow if I was painting it yellow myself.
1.jpg

Good to see it back running/moving again, step closer to being all finished.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its a 60s 1302 bootle colour, love it, that signal yellow is far too yellow for me, this is very mustardy in real life, very mellow

I like the more golden looking signal, the yellow on yours is a bit washed out looking for me but it's all personal preference at the end of the day.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yeah my bro showed me that last night, it is very nice, i prefer the black on yellow opposed to the chrome. not seen that one before in real life tho

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
will be ordering an exhaust today, then its just sorting the wipers, fitting bonnet catch and tightening everything and thats its good for an MOT next weekend hoprfully!! :D:D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ddint really want to go down that painfully expensive route as would need to get it trailered to the place that makes them