ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
decided to take a few steps back and sort out the bay while i can, once it goes from hope thats it my work space has gone, just ordered some more paint, slim fit electic rad fan, a s**t load of wire and some loom take, so everything will be coming out the bay and re done :(needed to be done it looks terrible

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yes BBS RS :D, the tyres are now on jsut waiting for it to pass its MOT then they will go on :Dtidied up the bay this weekend, put the bonnet struts on... no more poles to hold up the bonnet yey!!, exhaust n lil bit of wiring them its good to go :D im away this weekend though so it wont be ready for the NW meet :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
decided even though the door isnt staying id make it look like i didnt just find it on the scrap heap!!

IMG_7203.jpg

to

IMG_7207.jpg

home brew pull handle!! does the job haha

IMG_7209.jpg

tided up the bay a little bit, not 100% happy yet but at least its geting there

painted the inner arch again after it was ruined with brake fluid when it was down south
IMG_7210.jpg

IMG_7222.jpg

outer handle on - fully functioning door now :D

IMG_7218.jpg

IMG_7216.jpg

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
This has been a fantastic build, making me want to take on something similar, can't wait till it's finished.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Thanks ;)

It's really getting there now didn't get much done today because I went chrostmas shopping insted ... N now I'm watching F1. Did however fit the splitter so I did do something haha.

Last big thing is to decide what exhaust to buy! Anyone any suggestions got about £250 to spend on one

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
How did you fit the splitter btw? I didn't bother with the VW clips on mine, flimsy as hell. Nuts, bolts and washers was much more effective!

Here are your two 'zaust choices imo. Clean standard looking or upswept.

n46388173876_1831123_1651399.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ive spent far too long in the drift world not to use zip ties to hold splitters on, ive also snapped far too many on various cars over the years, this way if i catch it it just clips off rather than snapping it :D

i think id like something half way between the 2 haha

TTRS & V50
^^ ha ha !

Not sure if I would prefer chrome trim on a light colour and black on a dark colour. I'll hold my judgement just yet.

However, cracking progress !!!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
thats for another thread lol. not going to effecvt this one dont worry, plan its to get it off for mot Nnext week as im off work :D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ill probably have the tail pipe changed, was the only system i could find with the correct bore for the down pipe :D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
right no pics sorry kinda been in a doing mode rather than picture taking mode

we now have fully functional wipers and washers .. terribly slow mund.. but apparently ive driven new cars for far too long nd this is 1981 speed.

water has been replaced with coolant

and now have a elecrtic slim fit rad fan insted of the huuuuge fan that was on it before

also have a scuttle cover to hide all the crap behind there.. no idea why i went to the effort to paint all the wiper motor to cover it all up but hey ho.. looks good and have some funky plans for it.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
fe8f2421.jpg

just finished my custom BBS centre caps, cant decide if i should laquer them of not but other than that i love them!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well today has been a nightmare,

new exhaust got delivered last night..
IMG_7292.jpg

its about 2ft too short!! wtf

IMG_7294.jpg

did however tidy some of the bay n shortern some wires n stuff
IMG_7279.jpg

scuttle tray
IMG_7282.jpg

and the weather
IMG_7284.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

well today i had a peice made up to fit the gap by the local exhaust place.. sterling job too.
it blows a little bt cant really ajust it on my back on the floor!

then i did a check over of lights to make sure it was ready for its MOT, hazzards wernt working so pulled the switch out... which fell apart in my hands.. great

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
today i finished her... just waiting the new hazard switch n its done... feels really wierd.

cant upload pics as my computer has decided it doesnt like photobucket so youll have to wait.. you all know what it looks like tho.
i also stall it alot!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the new section of the exhaust trimmed to fit
IMG_7297.jpg
, and fitted
IMG_7299.jpg
, perfect.
IMG_7342.jpg
, not so perfect but will do for now and it does make a nice noise :Dtime for a wash,
IMG_7303.jpg
IMG_7310.jpg
IMG_7318.jpg
IMG_7313.jpg
IMG_7318.jpg
a herron on my roof!!
IMG_7321.jpg
and all polished and waxed lovely yellow
IMG_7329.jpg
yellow centre caps on
IMG_7331.jpg

Inferno 182 CUP
exhaust looked better when it was short .. literally was thinking meh at the washed pics and then i saw the wheels and almost exploded in my pants .. please fit them for some photos. i want to buy your car!