ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
IMG_7317.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yellow is as close as i could get it.. held right up against you can see a slight difference but on the wheels it looks the same :D, @Danny - haha wheels will go one for a shoot after its MOT and not before, then they will come off and be stored again untill spring :D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
MOT is booked for inbetween christmas and new year eeeek, my mate is coming to collect it on a recovery truck to save driving it before its had a propper check over, he will then do the timing and MOT test it.. actually kinda nervous. Still need to get this hazard switch on but a series of xmas parties has seen weekends pretty much written off haha

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well today i fitted the new hazard switch, now i have indicators... but still no hazards grrr. so its either the relay or fuse. but dont want to start pulling fuses out untill i have a load more as they tend to crumble.

also fitted a new steering wheel, the one i had in was nice but not a genuine momo and after the driftworks test where Bon managed to bend one i didnt fancy that so stole this bad boy out of my dads car that hes selling!

e67d9771.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
no the wheels staying, might spreay it black other than that i like it.

if you saw where it was parked youll understand why i can really take any interesting pics n as i cant drive it anywhere there seems little point haha.. soon tho soon!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
U need a wooden nardi in it... Even if you paint the wheel purple with green spots it will look w**k

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I would like a wooden one tbh. The standard one is s**t and in the bin who knows may change this one eventually but for now it's fine :)

I'll be having all the interior re done at some point anyway want recaro pole positions trimmed in oem

Just sat and read all 53 pages! Yes I am bored at work LOL
absolutely epic. major kudos for keeping going with it. end result looks fab!! huge credit to you.
I've got an e30 which I sort of intended making a project out of but have lost interest now and am thinking of selling.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
thanks.. the amount of times ive lost interest in this is unreal, i left it parked up in kent for 6 months untill i started to miss it.. its kinda like a child to me lol. just kept powering through and hopefully tomorrow ill get the good news and it will all be worth it

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Well she's gone to the garage! I'm nervous but got some money set aside for anything that needs doing and it's in good hands now :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well after some last min faffing i sorted to hazard fault yeyy!!!! realised when i went to reverse out that infact my brake lights had indeed gone too, which led me straight back to the fuse box, despite the info on the MK1 OC site saying it was fuse number 9, which was still fine it wasnt it was actually fuse 5.. the joys of having a cross over model eh, Lovely ceramic fuse box.
ceed85ff.jpg
some of the worlds worst pics just as it was getting ready to go.
095d2e6c.jpg
aa4641c3.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Well it needs a few bits doing, nothing major, the timing is now sorted so it starts properly. I took some bits down to him this evening so he can work on it tomorrow n then he will test it. But all in all it's good news I'm very happy and quite chuffed its just a few little bits

Rb 182
Well it needs a few bits doing, nothing major, the timing is now sorted so it starts properly. I took some bits down to him this evening so he can work on it tomorrow n then he will test it. But all in all it's good news I'm very happy and quite chuffed its just a few little bits

Good news mate.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Not heard anything else back yet, don't think anything will have been done with it being new year n all. Hopefully soon tho!!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
dropped a couple more bits off on friday, ( helper spring platforms and some underseal) just waiting the phone call to say come pick it up tbh :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i need it back 1st.. lol

the lad doing the few bits is struggling to find the time to do them, and with new MOT regs its turning into a bit of a job :(

Arctic Blue FF 182
Must have that feeling of "it's so close, yet so far". This has made me pull my finger out and thinking about getting going on my Mk1 again!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
The guys my ex lol he's had all that before and still dumped my ass.. I'm not still bitter honest lol. Nah he's being a trooper there's alot to double check I guess and little odds n ends that need sorting out, it will be done when it's done :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well its all done bar the engine mount, then i can have her back woooo :D

getting pissed off with random people who say oo ive seen ur car .. it needs alot of work... f**k off ive rebuilt the whole thing myself, it needs a new door n then its practically a new car, alot of work my arse. Its not perfect but jesus what 32 year old car is. Yes it may need a few tweeks here n there but making it sound like a shed makes my blood boil .. rant over