ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1- Oil Light Coming on (1.4 energy lump)

My oil light keeps coming on once the engines warmed up, plenty of oil in there. The gauge shows as being just above red but the dipstick shows plenty. Its not losing oil anywhere and runs sweet as a nut.

Cleaned the sender/sensor switch yesterday as there was some oil in it which I thought may be causing it to malfunction

Is the indicator gauge pressure or level? Is this a common issue? I suspect it to be a faulty sensor. Only had the problem since I rebuilt the top end :(

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Unbolt your oil pressure sensor and if it trickles out you have a leak somewere are a knackered pump. If it pours out very fast it will be a faulty oil pressure sensor.

Can't see it losing oil anywhere and it's been like this for a good 4 months now without affecting the level or needing to top up?

Took the sensor out to clean it the other day but didn't unbolt it?