ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 PH3 182 Engine Conversion

Clio mk1 Ph3
Hi all,

Was hoping to find some help about swapping out my 1.2 D.I.E.T block for a 172/182 Sport engine.
Would love some help on what I would need and what to look out for? Found some decent used engines
but not too sure about committing as yet. Would be an awesome project to do through the summer though!

Thanks
H:)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
bugger of a job to splice the looms to get the mk1 clocks working on the mk2 sport engine loom. and you have to decode the ecu for immobiliser.

check my trakc car project thread in the projects section though, I'm doing it the other way and transferring an complete 172 wiring and running gear into my mk1, so I'll be running 172 clocks, full looms, door looms, the lot and then splicing the right connectors on for the lights etc. that was you can carry the full central locking and immobiliser over too and not worry about needing a decode

Clio mk1 Ph3
So the major issue would be the wiring in for the looms? Locking and door looms are not an issue as it's a very basic model. Would a 1.8 16v F4R/P be a better choice for an amateur?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
the clio 172/182 lump is the F4R the mark 1 engines are F7P or F7R (1.8 16v and 2.0 16v Williams, respectively)

and yes, much easier as just plug the loom from the F7 series engine straight in and internal wires don't need to be touched, provided I would guess you use a phase 2 loom and phase 1 ecu for the 'new' engine