ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Ph3 Leak

Water keeps flooding in thro my central console where the interior light and sunroof switch etc is. Iv been told this could be water getting thro the hole the aerial is screwed in. Is this likely the problem? I personaly thot it was the sunroof as it seems to rattle like mad. Any help would be apreciated.

Cheers

Mathew
 
rattling sunroof is a dead give away. mine does the same, and i know my sunroof is leaking. just get to a a scrappy, and buy the bits, and change everything.

actually there is a full electric sunroof set on ebay at the moment.......
 
dannyboy said:
rattling sunroof is a dead give away. mine does the same, and i know my sunroof is leaking. just get to a a scrappy, and buy the bits, and change everything.

actually there is a full electric sunroof set on ebay at the moment.......

But if it is the sunroof leaking how is the water getting to the central console where the interior light is? Iv had a good look at the sunroof and cant see how this is possible. Inside area of the sunroof is not damp or wet in any way.
 
had this exact problem mate its the arial for me. Interior light section clips out n you can see the arial from inside the car. put silicon around the edge and its stopped. also if your ariel gets moved alot it can aggrivate the seal
 
I have a leccy sunroof and have the same problem.

It comes around the light and switch for the interior light, I assumed it was sunroof, didnt even think of aerial....bye bye aerial! I dont listen to the radio anyway! :)



-Akira
 
It'll be the seal around the sunroof IMO.

Probably needs some silicone round it to seal it.

They all do it.. normally. Heh.
 
Akira2506 said:
I have a leccy sunroof and have the same problem.

It comes around the light and switch for the interior light, I assumed it was sunroof, didnt even think of aerial....bye bye aerial! I dont listen to the radio anyway! :)



-Akira

You don't need to get rid of your ariel mate. That would probably make it worse tbh as you would have a hole to fill in. What to do is put some silicon sealant around the ariel and that should sort it I think.
 
Back
Top