ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 ph3 Rsi project

Clio Rsi
Hello there, finally pulled my finger out and am going to start doing a few things to my car. Only got a couple of photos of it sitting on axle stands as the wheels are getting powder coated tonight! But you can see from the first picture of it sitting at standard height on the wheels that are getting refurbed. Since then it has been lowered 60mm. Will try and keep this an interesting post but as money/time seems to avoid me, you'll have to bear with it!

This is how it looked when i first brought it:
Clio1.gif

Then two of it on the stands ready for refurbed wheels:
DSC00446.gif

DSC00444.gif

I purposely let it get dirty so that it looks so much better when i have done all the little things and then give it a good clean!

Things to do/sort out:
1. Next im gonna sort the exhaust out as its blowing. Does anyone know whether a 16v exhaust will fit as i cant see it being that much different.

2. Then gotta sort out the stereo! dont want anything to heavy, just so that it sounds nice and tight.

3. Gonna paint the scuttle panel as these always seem to fade, along with the wiper arms.

4. Colour code the badges.

5. Fit new rear wiper motor

6. Spray interior side panels as these have faded.

7. Possibly change drivers seat as the current one is a bit sh*gged to be honest.

8. A good clean is well overdue i think!

If any one can help with any advice/spare parts, let me know!

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
I have a peco back box if your interested, think it was from a 16V mk1.

Mods sound good mate, and yes i'm jelous of you rear brake discs!

Clio Rsi
Whys that mate? Dont 16v's have em?
Do u have any pictures that you could send to me? I dont want anything too 'barry boy' but the exhaust has blown a hole kust behind the back box, so could do with changing it.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
My 1.2 has got drums on the back, and always wanted discs at the back lol

Its a 4inch rounded tip, will take pics as soon as

Clio Rsi
Right, pulled my finger out a bit last weekend, and got on to removing the wiper arms as they were rusty and made the front of the car look dated! Whilst i did this i also removed the scuttle panel as the paint was faded on it!

Before;

DSC00447.gif

DSC00449.gif

As you can see from the next photo, the arms/panel are really easy to remove, just lift the cover at the bottom of the wiper arm, unbolt the 13mm nut and lift the arm off. I used a spanner to lever the arm off as these can be tight sometimes. Remember to mark the poition of the wiper blades before taking the assembly off as this will make it easier when refitting. Then to remove the scuttle panel, undo the 5 (star drive) screws that are visible (one in the middle, two either side) and lift the panel up gently as there are some plastic clips on the underside which you do not want to break!

DSC00450.gif

Finally off;

DSC00452.gif

After spraying the wiper arms and panel (wet & dried, primered, painted and laquered) i refitted them. I think they look much better now and am really pleased with the results, they dont stand out as being old or faded any more! the photos dont show it that well but you can see how much more shinier and new looking that they are!

DSC00465.gif

DSC00466.gif

Clio Rsi
had a touch down the breakers, found a perfect condition laguna splitter for 10 notes! So after finally getting it off i went home to fit it!

Before:

DSC00453.gif

DSC00454.gif

DSC00455.gif

I then offered up the splitter and marked where i needed to cut it, then dummy fitted it just to make sure:

DSC00457.gif

DSC00458.gif

i then removed the bird that i found wedged in front of the radiatior that i noticed when fitting the splitter!
Who said mk1's werent bird magnets?

DSC00456-2.gif

All i know is i musta been going some for that to even fit through the grille as the holes are tiny! After putting some gloves on and getting rid of Sam Sparrow i then fitted the new splitter using self tappers:

DSC00463.gif

DSC00464.gif

Clio Rsi
I then had word that my wheels were done! So i went and picked them up;

DSC00460.gif

then went and got the new tyres fitted;

DSC00461.gif

DSC00462.gif

Couldnt resist dummy fitting one to see what it will look like:

DSC00469.gif

i was like a little kid at this point as i think they look the t*ts

next up is trying to sort this mess so it resembles something like a boot!

DSC00470.gif

more soon, comments welcome

Clio Rsi
oh and before you say anything, yes they are nankang tyres, but it was either go for a budget set of rubber and get the wheels resprayed or getting better tyres but with s*** condition wheels, i think i made the right choice seeing as this is not going to be used on the track!

172 Cup
Looking good. i miss my old one =[ i had the rsi ariginal wheels sprayed in black looked ace.

ST1050, 320d
i have one of those splitters in my shed, had to get rid for ground clearance haha. a dead bird aswell eh? i found a dead frog in my bumper while taking the said splitter off...unfortunately i was fishing around blindly for leaves and picked it up

Clio Rsi
i have one of those splitters in my shed, had to get rid for ground clearance haha. a dead bird aswell eh? i found a dead frog in my bumper while taking the said splitter off...unfortunately i was fishing around blindly for leaves and picked it up

you should stick it up on ebay mate, i see one go for 35 quid the other day! animals plus rsi's obviously don't go hand in hand! they always come out worse!
I'm just waiting to get some centre cap bolts before i put the centres on but even the renault ones dont fit properly at the moment! unless it was down to the dumbass who sold me them! then i'll get some photos and put them up here!
Anyone got an exhaust for sale?
mines got more holes than a ***** house at the moment!

A silver Honda
wow, nice to see a Black Mk1 phase 3 on here with Turbines again lol. Reminds me of my old car....

:)

Clio Rsi
Hi guys, thanks for the comments, i know its been ages since i last posted photos, but heres a couple of it finally how i want it! Gave it a good polish the other day and its all looking sweet now. The only things that are missing are the rear 'clio' badge and the front diamond! This is because i am spraying them black to go with the look of the car, but its too cold for the badges to dry properly, pictures to follow once they are uploaded!

Clio Rsi
Sorry anout the picture quality in them! Im not very clued up on cameras!
Also forgot to mention the ashley competition exhaust i have fittted as well. Its a cat back system and sounds pretty good, but is not boy racer loud!
You can also see the splitter fitted and i reckon it looks pretty good!
Comments are encouraged, good or bad!

Clio mk1 rally :P
yeah looks awesome !!! ...
maybe put some silver visions in rear lights?
hmm still thinknig on what splitter to get mine