ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Volvo 1.7 Turbo conversion...who wants to do it?

Clio Widearch
Hi

Does anyone know anyone that has done a 1.7 Volvo turbo engine conversion into a Clio or even if someone here would like to earn themselves some extra cash to do the job on mine. It was originally a 1.4RT which is being sorted for next years show season.

I have the engine in place in my Clio with all mounts connected and most things in position. It came out of a Clio RSI running a turbo with the same conversion so in theory should be an easy job for someone with experience with these engines.

The wiring loom is already done, which i know is one of the hardest parts. I know next to nothing about engines unfortunately so am in need of some help.

The list of things that needs to be done to get it running is as follows but I can get some things done locally (exhaust etc)

Fit both driveshafts
Fit wiring loom and get engine running (will start no problem)
Fit exhaust downpipe and match up to with exhaust system
Fit clio 16v fuel pump (petrol tank will need dropping out to get it in)
Attach gear linkage
Attach Clutch and accelerator cables etc
Fit radiator
Fluids (At my cost of course)
Fit front mount intercooler (i can do that if needs be)

I have all of the parts but anything extra thats required of course will be paid for by myself. Dont worry it doesn't need to be a professional looking job. The bonnet will never come off for public viewing. If anyone is willing to help or knows someone that can, please let me know. There is no time scale so i can work around that.

I am willing to have the work done at my house where the car is or have it picked up and taken anywhere thats required. I'm in Tamworth near Birmingham in the Midlands by the way. Oh and dont worry if you scratch the car doing the job...its having a repaint this year.

Any takers????

Cheers

Russ

Clio Widearch
hi. sorry i think you may have misread. I know it can be done as it was in a clio i bought with the conversion already done. I'm looking for someone to take the job on to get it running in my car.