ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 VTS project...

M

mini-valver

Not sure! It's a Janspeed cat-back and when you nail it and back off it makes loads of pops and bangs, lol.. Love it! Think I'm gonna look for a mint white one :eek:

Rallye wheels, PAS pump and decat next week then I might put some new wings and a bonnet on. Depends how many redundancy coins I get ;)

Mondeo TDCI 130
There a cracking motor! I would go back to one if needs be! Loved mine!

000_0290.jpg

Not sure! It's a Janspeed cat-back and when you nail it and back off it makes loads of pops and bangs, lol.. Love it! Think I'm gonna look for a mint white one :eek:

Rallye wheels, PAS pump and decat next week then I might put some new wings and a bonnet on. Depends how many redundancy coins I get ;)

i foo-king heard it all now lad.....im gonna batter your head with my melted petrol tank;)

M

mini-valver

Wish mine was that mint, lol. Looked at a VTR in that colour, looks completely different in the flesh, awesome....

Cheers for your help mate, appreciate it!

Matt, I wont be selling the Clio though :p

Wish mine was that mint, lol. Looked at a VTR in that colour, looks completely different in the flesh, awesome....

Cheers for your help mate, appreciate it!

Matt, I wont be selling the Clio though :p

if you did id be buying so it wouldnt go far tbh:cool:

Gem

Racing Blue 182
What a difference a week makes to be honest! Loads of work gone in there....

(Not to mention pulling up outside Daves to go to the meet and he's STILL bolting s**t on.....:eek:)

mk4 golf gttdi180
Only the box to go on and a new PAS pump, lower the rear 40mm, paint the calipers black, wheels and a FULL fetail and polish because its tatty as fook....

Iain, wanted your rallye wheels but I lost out at the last minute. b*****ds :( I KNow yeah, got attatched to it now! Farking addictive...
i picked up a mint set of vts alloys on the 106 owners club for my mate dirt cheap they were look on there for some .the rear torsions are a b*****d im struggleing to do my mates its seized so gona heat it up lol

M

mini-valver

Get a slide hammer with an 8mm bolt attatchment mate. Loads easy and you wont knacker the end when you hit it through...

I know Gem, was abit of a rush TBH. Did it though, never missed a beat today either. Done 200 miles so far......WIN.

mk4 golf gttdi180
Get a slide hammer with an 8mm bolt attatchment mate. Loads easy and you wont knacker the end when you hit it through...

ive allready done that its still in im gona get it on ramps and put it ata standing height . my mates is yellow with black wheels ,hes put a k.an.n on and it sound propper loud almost louder than my clio back box

M

mini-valver

You're Souless on Sax-p right? Love icelandic blue mate!

Not really sure TBH, got really attatched to it now, lol.....

LY R26
yeah, Im Soulless on Sax-P mate, whats your username over there?
yeah Saxos are awesome little cars for the little they cost.
was thinking of going back to one soon / in a year or so.

M

mini-valver

Mini-valver again mate, lol! Haven't posted much TBH....

I'm gonna put the Rallye steels on and get someone to PS the bonnet lad! Some breathing mods but other than that I'll leave the engine, its on 115k :eek:

LY R26
You dont want rallye steelies, unless your happy with the brakes?
I think youd be able to get 206 GTi (266mms) under the rallye 14s.
15s are better because atleast then you can upgrade to GTi6 / GTi180 Brakes or some HiSpec/Wilwood 4 Pots...:D

Ive had 3 Saxos now, and the braking power is absolutely shocking.
so terrible.
If/When I get another,
decent sus and stoppers turn these into a right animal :D

M

mini-valver

Yeah the brakes are CRAP. I'm going to put some decent pads in and see what happens I think.

I'm not looking to spend massive money on it really, just tidy it up and enjoy it for what it is! In the future though I'm seriously tempted by a mint one......

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Damn glad its driving well TBH. You've put enough work in! :approve:

(Minus a shed window and un-damaged hands...)

106 GTi
Crap brakes sound just like my GTi, everyone I speak to says the same. I was going to overhaul mine but am just going to go for the 206 GTi set up.

There is a s**t array of tyres for 14's though.

M

mini-valver

All good points! You can get T1R's for £45 a tyre.....

Anyone good on Photoshop? ;)

M

mini-valver

Middo is PCing it thursday so I'm looking forward to seeing the colour come out TBH!

I clayed, SRP'd and waxed the boot yesterday to see what it came up like. Claying took half an hour, its caked in tar. After that though it came up really well! Going to clay the whole car today ready for thursday, not looking forward to it TBH, lol....

M

mini-valver

I take it you need to SRP and wax after you've used it to put some protection back?

M

mini-valver

I'll go over it again wednesday night then before I go to Middo's to let him attack it! Cheers fella.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Rich you crafty editor!

I fooking need lessons the state my car's in....

(Back to the VTS....:eek:)

M

mini-valver

I've told you a thousand times Gem, bring it round. You're here often enough, lol.....

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Cheers...lol.

But nah it's ok thanks, I'll sort it myself...I just want to enjoy moaning about it a bit more first. ;)

dirty white 197 cup
hey elbow dave. Its looking good for a £500 car, nice work!

I wouldnt mind a saxo when i finally learn to drive ;)

M

mini-valver

Right, The problems continue, lol.

The knocking I described when I first picked the car up has carried on getting worse since I changed the box so I had a look at the rack. It's got loads od movement in and I'm pretty sure that's where it's coming from so took a trip to the scrappy earlier and got a good nick PAS rack for £30.

I've had a look at it and it looks like it's going to be a right b*****d to change so I'm going to start it now as I'm pretty motivated........Will put some pics up of how it goes later!

Also, the new box crunches into second until its warm :( Not sure wether I'm going to change it again or not, will do the rack and see what it's like after I've re-adjusted the clutch having put some miles on it. All other gears feel mint though so I'm suspecting it's been a pikeys car ragging it into second. Why are things never easy?..........