ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 VTS project...

M

mini-valver

Loom is being sorted as we speak mate.

Made another quick video earlier by sticking my phone to the steering wheel with clay, lol. It was up a slight hill then round a left hander where it straightens up but its bumpy as hell....

th_MOV00059.jpg

M

mini-valver

Cheers mate! Just bought wings, bonnet and grill in the same colour and dent free so they'll tidy it up no end.

I've been offered a BTB manifold back system but I'm not 100% on it as its a 2.5" bore and some same its too big on the standard engine. Hmmmm......

M

mini-valver

I have no idea whats up with it! Steve couldnt see anything either. One of those things I guess *shrugs*.
Itll be less noticeable with VTR wheels on I think. Its only 10mm or so but its bugging me :(

M

mini-valver

Everything is straight underneath! Seen a few that are like it from pics so I dunno mate. Inner wings are straight. It's had a wing and bumper as the bottom crossmember is bent but you could blow on it and it'd bend....

yep it looks well on vtr rims lad...seen you fly past me this evening in mobberley:D ignorant fecker;)

M

mini-valver

100_0745.jpg

My passenger wheel sits like that, had a look at a few on on Sax-P and most of them have a wheel that sits back. I'll put it down to s**t build quality!

Matt, its still on Venoms, lol. Flash me you berk ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'll have a gander on the lass's VTR, pretty much the same set up??? Cant say i've noticed. I do like a nice VTS :)

M

mini-valver

I'll have a gander on the lass's VTR, pretty much the same set up??? Cant say i've noticed. I do like a nice VTS :)

Yep! I've looked at about a hundred now on Sax-P and over 80% are like it! Gotta love the french, lol....

M

mini-valver

Picked my BTB up yesterday, its fooking HUGE! Pics when it stops raining and I can go fit it...

Pop pop pop BWAAARRRRPPPP!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
BTB FTW!!!!! Liked mine on the 182. I love VTS Paxo's. :approve:

M

mini-valver

Panels next week so it'll be less shagged, lol. Get some vids up in a min because it's finally stopped raining so I can fit it :D

M

mini-valver

Took the Janspeed off then got offered to go to the pub for a Guiness. I'll finish it in a bit!

Few comparison pics.....
DSC00064.jpg

Cat to centre section joint (Havent taken a picture of the BTB silenced cat)
DSC00065.jpg

Tail pipe whorage....
DSC00063.jpg

M

mini-valver

Put the BTB on. What a bag of horse s**t, lol. Split weld and it sagged so it sat about 3" off the ground. So took it back off and put the Janspeed back on for now. Getting the coins back for the BTB tommorrow so I'll use that for tyres and a rear axle as the one on the car has play in the trailing arms.

Middo is PCing it tommorrow so we'll see what it comes up like! Found a mint bonnet and wing too so all the dents and vent outlines will be gone, mint.

Winston, if I had 4 Saxo steels, I would, lol!

Put the BTB on. What a bag of horse s**t, lol. Split weld and it sagged so it sat about 3" off the ground. So took it back off and put the Janspeed back on for now. Getting the coins back for the BTB tommorrow so I'll use that for tyres and a rear axle as the one on the car has play in the trailing arms.

Middo is PCing it tommorrow so we'll see what it comes up like! Found a mint bonnet and wing too so all the dents and vent outlines will be gone, mint.

Winston, if I had 4 Saxo steels, I would, lol!

:dapprove:

M

mini-valver

Reet, bit of an update! Middo gave the car a quick go over with the PC, looks a thousand times better, big thanks to him! Will get some pics up in a sec....

There was a bit of play in the trailing arms of the rear beam which is a common problem on Saxos and the bearings from Citreon are £200 then you have to have stub axles made which are a fortune too so I got a spare beam with calipers, disks, ABS rings etc from a lad over on 106Owners. Went about fitting it earlier, had a right mare, lol. Bolts seized that took 2 hours of grinding and bashing to get off, Unions stuck in the load sensor, Bleed nipple snapped in the caliper etc etc. Anyway, got it on, bled the brakes and put the wheels back on and theres still play in the passenger side, it was dark so couldnt tell wether its the trailing arm or the wheel bearing. This f**king car is cursed!

Pics in a sec....

Chocolate Bar™
double post :S

before anybody says have i got any before pics. i havent, as i really wasnt expecting to get any results from it lol

ended up wetsanding it alot more than i initially expected, and polishing the entire thing with a compound 4'' head and menz IP 3.02. then as time was pressing went straight to vics collectors wax. however when dave has filled up all the scratches we can wet sand again before finally refinishing the paint with some final / megs 80.

Last edited:
looks like it came up really well!! how did the bonnet come up, LOL?

you leaving the tints on the back or not? i got rid of mine for the reason urs seem to have, where the tint has come away from the dotmatrix on the edges of the glass...

M

mini-valver

Cheers mate, really did come up well!! Ready to be done again when the bonnet and wing are on ;)

Tints will come out this week when I sort a load of other jobs on it Jord. need to sort the brakes and check the rear axle over as the slight ply on the passenger side is annoying having spent all f**king day swapping it....

Job list now-
Refurb VTR wheels and whack some tyres on them.
Remove the tints
Lower the rear and sort the brakes (May have to get ANOTHER axle yet, lol)
De-cat and standard airbox
Chipstick all the ships and scratches so Mark can get busy witb the PC again
Fit new bonnet and wing
Respray thye splitter as some chimp has made a s**t job
Strip the passenger side suspension down, fit a new shaft and double check everything as it still doesnt feel right when I hit a pot hole

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate, really did come up well!! Ready to be done again when the bonnet and wing are on ;)

Tints will come out this week when I sort a load of other jobs on it Jord. need to sort the brakes and check the rear axle over as the slight ply on the passenger side is annoying....

cool, hows the 'injection' sticker looking? LOL

M

mini-valver

Black vtr wheels... ;)

That looks mint though fella :D

I have a big can of gloss black ready for them mate! :eek:

Tints will come out this week when I sort a load of other jobs on it Jord. need to sort the brakes and check the rear axle over as the slight ply on the passenger side is annoying....

cool, hows the 'injection' sticker looking? LOL

Die, TBQFH. It wont come off, lol! You can only see it when the back window steams up anyway :D

106 GTi
Looks like it has come up well. I have spent 2 days on the 106 so far and still more to do !

M

mini-valver

Mark spent about an hour TBH, he was pissing about otherwise ;)

Wet sanded some heavy scracthing, Menzerna by PC and then topped with Victoria wax by hand. Some chip stick action, more wet sanding and a full on PCing is needed when I put the new bonnet and wing on though!