ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mk2 172 exhaust/brake problems

When I thrash the nuts off my poor little 172, Ive noticed that over 5750rpm the exhaust rattles - a very tinny rattle. Any ideas? Are the baffles shot already?

Ive also noticed that theres a rattle coming off the brakes at low speed, sort of a squealing noise. If you gently apply the brakes it disappears for a while. Ideas?

Thanx!

If ive been thrashing my 172 I often get a tinny rattle when I pull up, maybe the same thing.
Dont know why it is though Im afraid.

A few people here have suffered or are suffering (me included) from the tinny/metallic exhaust rattle on high rpms. Have you read the latest edition of EVO? Their long term test Clio had the same problem - loose baffles or something. Seems to be a very common problem. Im going to have mine looked at when the 1st service is due, which is very soon (poor wallet!). :(

I have, but must have missed the bit about that! It only seems to rattle when youre really booting it - shame!

Mines been rattling for the past 1000 miles. Makes the car sound awfull.

Renault have ordered a new center section exhaust under warranty.

R