ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 172...here comes 200bhp

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Circa 200!! I am yet to hit the rollers but will in the next week or two.

I have just picked up my clio and driven 600 miles in what now feels like a completly different car. I have had high torque/fast road inlet and exhaust cams fitted with a full manifold match done and a complete re-map to make everything work. I cant get over the difference and just how much SMOOTER she pulls with such relentlessness (I feel like I am taking in off in 3rd!!!) rev limiter os now set to 7,800rpm.

This has all been done to compliment earlier work done that includes a 2.5 inch sports cat back stealth system, carbon maxogen induction, LEDA suspension, brembo disc upgrade with braided lines and some new rubber!!!

This complete package is down to the astounding work done by GDi (yes i've read the posts and heard the GOSSIP about this and that) and I did not even for a second, having actualy been to speak with GDi, have any reservations about having them do it. and boy oh boy am I glad I did do it.....those 600 miles were a lot of fun let me tell you!

So if your thinking about it then let me tell you...STOP THINKING and start saving to get it done!!!!

Last edited:
How much SMOOTER? - sorry could'nt resist :)

Is that Leda coil overs you have? They're supposed to be top dog (top dollar too!) What are they like?

Gal

A Clee O
lol Wheres the prices - I am going for manifold matching in the new year after everything else is finished first.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
sounds like quite a good set up you have ! would be interesting to see it in comparison to mine for example !

PH1 Oddy, M140i
sounds like quite a good set up you have ! would be interesting to see it in comparison to mine for example !

Id also like to go some with a standard 172! I know I dont have to worry about CTR's anymore!!

Seriously SMOOTH by the way....and it makes less noise now im sure!

All in I've spent 4-5k Engine work minus IK was about £1500 but I made some savings as I needed lots of repair work done after hitting a fox at 60mph!!!

LEDAS cost an arm and a leg but nothing in my experience comes close...and they're fullt adjustable.

Gal

A Clee O
Hell of a lot of money for an upgrade of 30bhp but as long as your happy - Does that price include the ledas?

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Hell of a lot of money for an upgrade of 30bhp but as long as your happy - Does that price include the ledas?

Tell me about it!! but im not overly concerned about peek figures...the car is infinitly more drivable with all that power now available from about 3000rpm.

That includes the LEDAs (plus good pads all round, Prada 2 rubber and a carbon splitter!!!)

SLK 350
You must be nuts quite frankly. Unless you're making a track weapon to compete against other Clio/NA cars spending that cash is nuts.

Shame your based up in Edinburgh, i'd love to have had a straight line dash with you to compare the gains you've made.

Also wondering how the mpg is in light of modifications?

I take it for the £5,000 you got a RR session thrown in, what power/torque you putting out?

Also you say you've been remapped and shifted the limiter, has he hooked you up with an SMT6? Or just bunged an R-sport in?

182 CLIO SPORT
Circa 200!! I am yet to hit the rollers but will in the next week or two.

I have just picked up my clio and driven 600 miles in what now feels like a completly different car. I have had high torque/fast road inlet and exhaust cams fitted with a full manifold match done and a complete re-map to make everything work. I cant get over the difference and just how much SMOOTER she pulls with such relentlessness (I feel like I am taking in off in 3rd!!!) rev limiter os now set to 7,800rpm.

This has all been done to compliment earlier work done that includes a 2.5 inch sports cat back stealth system, carbon maxogen induction, LEDA suspension, brembo disc upgrade with braided lines and some new rubber!!!
Hows it going there, i seen you at knockhill the day. would of been nice to see that on the track!!!! must say though the track was hell of a slippy. i didn't dare take ma car on. went on with my mate though, in his 380bhp mk2 golf. The fasted car i've ever sat in.(mental) You'll need to keep us posted with your RR print out, gaz
This complete package is down to the astounding work done by GDi (yes i've read the posts and heard the GOSSIP about this and that) and I did not even for a second, having actualy been to speak with GDi, have any reservations about having them do it. and boy oh boy am I glad I did do it.....those 600 miles were a lot of fun let me tell you!

So if your thinking about it then let me tell you...STOP THINKING and start saving to get it done!!!!

PH1 Oddy, M140i
did'nt have time to get in rr'd but i'll get it up as soon as i do. When you say 5g like that it makes me shiver a bit...im gonna have to add it all up now!!

Where you based? Bare in mind i;ll have you on the straight but on the track assuming Alonso does;nt call himself Ozzy, i'll destroy you!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182

Id also like to go some with a standard 172! I know I dont have to worry about CTR's anymore!!

Seriously SMOOTH by the way....and it makes less noise now im sure!

All in I've spent 4-5k Engine work minus IK was about £1500 but I made some savings as I needed lots of repair work done after hitting a fox at 60mph!!!

LEDAS cost an arm and a leg but nothing in my experience comes close...and they're fullt adjustable.

if you come to a meet bring a video camera ;)

PH1 Oddy, M140i
I work through in Glasgow so fel free to come have a look at her. I work at the Snowdome, Braehead Monday and Tuesday.

he has spent £1500 on the engine and 4-5 thousand in total on the cars modifications not 4-5 grand on the engine.

Looks good - good choice of mods - should be a good all rounder

SLK 350
Well im just in a measly 172, with a filter and a SS system on some Konigsports :)

Destroy me? I'd hope so for £5,000 mate, but that's what I want to find out. Be interested to see how it fairs against a stock 172/182.

Go back to GDI and tell him you want a fking RR sorting out, if he "mapped" your car properly, he SHOULD have had it on the rollers anyway!

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Well im just in a measly 172, with a filter and a SS system on some Konigsports :)

Destroy me? I'd hope so for £5,000 mate, but that's what I want to find out. Be interested to see how it fairs against a stock 172/182.

Go back to GDI and tell him you want a fking RR sorting out, if he "mapped" your car properly, he SHOULD have had it on the rollers anyway!

less of the "F**king" bro..... Standard ECU is RE-mapped using a chip with configurations that HAS been done on a rr with all of my bits and bobs. Granted though that if I wanted to squeeze every last half BHP out of her then I could. GDi would have happily RR'd me if I had the time.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
what youve done to the engine is what im looking at doing sometime next year 1.7k normally isnt it?
is it a massive difference? and what kinda 0 -60 times would you expect from this mod?

PH1 Oddy, M140i
what youve done to the engine is what im looking at doing sometime next year 1.7k normally isnt it?
is it a massive difference? and what kinda 0 -60 times would you expect from this mod?

1.7 sounds about right (thats pounds not my 0-60 time!!!!)

I should be under 6 secs....it feels like it anyway! Go for it man....everything seems to feel better...just so much better!

Gal

A Clee O
Yeah 1.5k sounds more reasonable. Although It would be interesting to break this down into costings.

Cams - How much
Remap - Etc etc.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I wish people would read before mouthing off about the cost. It was £1,500 for the engine package not £5k.

But i am curious as to why your ITG maxogen cost you £1,500??? Isn't it £400???

PH1 Oddy, M140i
I wish people would read before mouthing off about the cost. It was £1,500 for the engine package not £5k.

But i am curious as to why your ITG maxogen cost you £1,500??? Isn't it £400???

ok heres the break down as I can remember it (I cant find receipts)

LEDAs £1500
Breaks (goodrich lines, Brembo Discs, Green Stuff and Ferodo pads) £350
4Xs Yoko Prada Spec 2 rubber £300
Custom Sports cat back stealth system £550
Carbon Splitter £110
Inlet and Exhaust fast road billet cams £650
Manifold Match (bored and smoothed) £300 ?
ECU £300?
ITG Maxogen £370
36k Service £300

£4730 in Total but im sure there some more labour cost in there. Granted servicing does'nt count but it does when its part of the BIG bill!!

PH1 Oddy, M140i
I'll try and find my bills to get you exact figures..im guessing some of them and not sure where labour was included.

SLK 350
Exhaust seems rather dear mate, they built it from titanium?

Rest seems pretty standard cost wise, although I through Leda's came in circa £1200 (unless the £300 is geo-setup, which still seems dear).

Spot on though, would love to see this pitched against a standard car to see how well it pulls - get someone local off here for a rag session mate, be a good video.

Still seems odd you didn't get any RR graphs before/after when they were mapping the ECU, if he bothered to do a live map that is. In fact i'm pretty damn sure i'd want before/after results when spending that cash - not a dig, but seems odd that's all.

PH1 Oddy, M140i
I hear you ozzy....Seeing the figures wont change how the car makes me feel though but I would still like to see the figures. I never have one done as standard though.....and as standard the car was sweet...I got a good one!!

As for the video...may well have already organised it...you'll see it and rr figures ASAP.

Clio v6
RR graphs are a load of nonsense. Been down that road and quickly realised these graphs are just for pub chat.

You've had the car done by the best performance tuners in the business. It's faster and much better.

I bet you are very happy with it.

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Don - what are the Leda's like? fully adjustable? good?

Hard to describe....I'll try...HOLY SHI*!!! Fully Adjustable dampening and ride height. Not crashy but han be a little shakey if you dont keep them a little stiff. Then you have the option of concrete setting if your on a beautiful track surface, which I am as often as possible.

RR graphs are a load of nonsense. Been down that road and quickly realised these graphs are just for pub chat.

You've had the car done by the best performance tuners in the business. It's faster and much better.

I bet you are very happy with it.

GDi have had there bad press but there was never any question in my mind where the car was going..thats not to say that others cant do the job...but for me GDi go over and above their call of duty.

The car is just EPIC:lolup: