ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 172...here comes 200bhp

182 CLIO SPORT
^ WHY oh WHY.......somebody shoot this man!!!!!

Haha hey no need for that,:). Sorry bud just thought i'd mention it. I should of came over and spoke to you the day. I walked sr8t past you the day then realised it was you. you parked your car near the front. Noticed your centre caps for the wheels were missing.:(

V6 Exige, GTR R35
shame you didnt get a graph fella - but id get it on the rollers just to make sure you have what you paid for.....

nice one!

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Where are the best rollers? Im in Edinburgh but stay in Glasgow MOnday and tuesday.

ALso I need my Carbon Splitter fitted!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
dunno where in edinburgh mate, ive used falkland and star performance - both in glenrothes fife

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
theres a couple of good RR in hillington which is ideal if your working at breahead !
also i might be around breahead tomorrow :evil:

PH1 Oddy, M140i
theres a couple of good RR in hillington which is ideal if your working at breahead !

Interesting. Have you used them? I get a break from 12.30 - 1.30 if you want a coffee and a demo:evil: I finnish at 6. However, I dont think i've even had a day in Glasgow where I would have been faster in a boat!!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
dunno where in edinburgh mate, ive used falkland and star performance - both in glenrothes fife

Yip thats were i need to go once i've got my manifold matching done. There ment to be good so i hear.

yeah falkland are top, the guy kevin is spot on and full of advice.

star performance i was at for a detailing world day a couple of months ago with guys from here - just been there the once, but they seem to know their stuff too.

BMW M3
Sounds nice !!

Looks like id better stay out you way mate lol.. might have got a shock had i not read this. Im running similar mods to you except the killer cams.... being optimistic i hope to be in the 190s.

182 CLIO SPORT
Sounds nice !!

Looks like id better stay out you way mate lol.. might have got a shock had i not read this. Im running similar mods to you except the killer cams.... being optimistic i hope to be in the 190s.

cool cool. yeah once i have the manifold matching i'm hoping to be around 195bhp. only time will tell. aint got the cams but don't think i'll ever get them. But you never know.lol

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Sounds nice !!

He hee!! :evil:

Were you at knock hill today? If your looking for a bhp number maybe we should hook up and do it together. I m gonna find out more about this place in Glasgow but so far more people are recommending Fife.

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Sounds nice !!

cool cool. yeah once i have the manifold matching i'm hoping to be around 195bhp. only time will tell. aint got the cams but don't think i'll ever get them. But you never know.lol

Its ALL ABOUT THE CAMS. Without them you maybe increasing peek output but only to a limited 'high' end of the rev counter. You should get a remap aswell.

182 CLIO SPORT

Its ALL ABOUT THE CAMS. Without them you maybe increasing peek output but only to a limited 'high' end of the rev counter. You should get a remap aswell.

Well i have the 182, with a k&n gen 2kit, de-cat. 2.5 inch ss full system + the grp n ecu remap to suit all mods, so all i need is my manifold matching. just don't have the cash for the cams.lol. just bough 800quid of uprated mods for it of k-tec aswell. need to win the lottery.

BMW M3
Ive got RStuning remap, ITG Panel filter, inlet manifold match, Sports cat and Janspeed Exhaust as engine mods. Have a few other things like Eibach sportlines etc...

Got my 36k service coming up so would prob want that done before a RR. Will prob be heading over to fife.

182 CLIO SPORT
Ive got RStuning remap, ITG Panel filter, inlet manifold match, Sports cat and Janspeed Exhaust as engine mods. Have a few other things like Eibach sportlines etc...

Got my 36k service coming up so would prob want that done before a RR. Will prob be heading over to fife.

cool. yeah i've just put on eibach uprated springs on,powerflex bushes for the engine, and all the front end. uprated drilled disc and green stuff pads and a strut brace. as soon as i get my matching done i'm going to falkland asap to get it RR. would be good to get a few of us down there at the same time:)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182

Interesting. Have you used them? I get a break from 12.30 - 1.30 if you want a coffee and a demo:evil: I finnish at 6. However, I dont think i've even had a day in Glasgow where I would have been faster in a boat!!

hm doubt id make it for your lunch hour. demo would be good though, just not sure if id be around at the time you say ... women :rolleyes:
ive not used them, a few mates have though and said it was good. but as ive got no experience i cant really comment.

BMW M3
Yeah.. would be, as we seem to be needing RRs soon. Although i think Donz would want his sharpish.

Dastek also have a good rolling Road (Dalgety bay) but id rather not due to previous experience of their service. Although i think a few off here have been happy there.

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Donz needs his done by the 4th of January!

Im then off to france...where I will be RAISING the car 80mm and fitting 15inch wheels with snow tyres for a season of fun fun fun!! This car is deadly in the snow, which is cool seen as though I make my living from the stuff.

182 CLIO SPORT
Yeah.. would be, as we seem to be needing RRs soon. Although i think Donz would want his sharpish.

Dastek also have a good rolling Road (Dalgety bay) but id rather not due to previous experience of their service. Although i think a few off here have been happy there.

Well you never know, I'll be getting it done down at falkland mid to the end of jan. so if any one is up for sorting a date after new year that be mint.

172cup
Hey donz if you want a straight line dash in ed against my standard 172 I d be up for it? My missus lives over penicuik so I d come give you a dash on the lights! See what the difference is.

Drop me an email. Should be up between chrimbo and new year with my 03 172 unless the missus dives down here to pick me up!

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Hey donz if you want a straight line dash in ed against my standard 172 I d be up for it? My missus lives over penicuik so I d come give you a dash on the lights! See what the difference is.

Drop me an email. Should be up between chrimbo and new year with my 03 172 unless the missus dives down here to pick me up!

Spot on. I work at Hillend so we could meet in the middle for a coffee and a demo!! I really want to give it a go right through the gears ie starting at 60mph in 3/4/5 etc I'll be in touch!

Why don't you come to a meet? i'm looking forward to seein it...

Let me know when and where dude. I just moved back to Edinburgh having been in Birmingham for a year. I have no contact with the CS scene here at all.

182 CLIO SPORT
Donz needs his done by the 4th of January!

Im then off to france...where I will be RAISING the car 80mm and fitting 15inch wheels with snow tyres for a season of fun fun fun!! This car is deadly in the snow, which is cool seen as though I make my living from the stuff.

Well if i get my manifold be4 then i'll be ready for that. maybe!!! lol. the mail etc is slow because of xmas so its not looking great

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Spot on. I work at Hillend so we could meet in the middle for a coffee and a demo!! I really want to give it a go right through the gears ie starting at 60mph in 3/4/5 etc I'll be in touch!

Why don't you come to a meet? i'm looking forward to seein it...

Let me know when and where dude. I just moved back to Edinburgh having been in Birmingham for a year. I have no contact with the CS scene here at all.

Having said that i've missed the last few...Weathers s**t, but the meets are normally entertaining! I'm Looking forward to seeing yours go...Avoid Star performance i wasn't impressed!

For RR's i've used 2. Both dastek & Star. 192.6bhp Then 186.2 at star! I was moapy that day! Shitty fan and a single run! Useless!

I hope you have no problems...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Go to dalgety bay! Much better set up! Circa 40£ if your on your own! Pricey i know. Stoddie ran 207 iirc...But he's got a 182 mani on his similar mods tho.

I used to have the same cams, inlet match, smt6, viper, decat and s/s custom exhaust. Mine made 195bhp.

I don't want to spoil your thread mate but although mine did seem quicker, it wasn't that much quicker at all.

182's have a supposed 10bhp more but are still no faster.

IMO you need a massive bhp increase to be any quicker than a standard clio, it's not like your going to wipe the floor with them.

When I had my old 172 on itbs, I had a little rolling race with tomehb in his 172 cup and really struggled to blast passed him. It was pretty neck and neck upto 100mph and then i started to gradually pull away. My £6-7k worth of mods compared to his induction kit and exhaust?

£300 for a manifold match? bloody hell did they use a nail file for the cost of that labour?

Clio 172 mk2
I couldn't bring myself to spend 1500/2000k on my Clio but I suppose it depends on how much you drive it and how much your into the scene etc.

Got mine serviced on Friday and it still goes without leaking & any probs so I'm happy.

Donz, dont listen to the doubters regarding the RR graphs etc, my car which is Chris K's old car went and made 203.8bhp @ wheels, or if you want fly wheel figures bang on 240bhp at Ric Woods rollers (who comes highly recommended to me by people with half a clue). It made 175 @ the wheels with a faulty sensor... crank one iirc? Either way I'd imagine it should pull away from a standard car fairly comfortably, watch out for comment from the likes of Stoddie, Ali and Big Iain, as they all have an axe to grind, so unless it puts out 800bhp at the wheels it wont impress them ;)

Good on you though, Andy's work is top rate, will deffo use his services again myself.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Donz, dont listen to the doubters regarding the RR graphs etc, my car which is Chris K's old car went and made 203.8bhp @ wheels, or if you want fly wheel figures bang on 240bhp at Ric Woods rollers (who comes highly recommended to me by people with half a clue). It made 175 @ the wheels with a faulty sensor... crank one iirc? Either way I'd imagine it should pull away from a standard car fairly comfortably, watch out for comment from the likes of Stoddie, Ali and Big Iain, as they all have an axe to grind, so unless it puts out 800bhp at the wheels it wont impress them ;)

Good on you though, Andy's work is top rate, will deffo use his services again myself.

LOL! 801Bhp and you've got a deal mate! :)

is that at the wheels or the fly though? that kinda power and the downhill slalom at Crail would give amazing 1/4 mile times :rasp:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
HAHA! Why do you think the times are so impressive! ;)

Scottish air...Because lets face it, it's the best bit of GB!

Actually crail is uphill and to get a good time you have to avoid the potholes so imo it's harder than pod! lol

ohhh touchy!

hardly after the 20'000 threads bashing GDI, was more forewarning him before he has you three band wagon'eers trash talking his car and the work done.

and Ali... there's nothing good about GB... well, maybe apart from the ferry and plane routes out the place... i hate this country lol

Seat Leon Cupra 290
car sounds cool, andys work is all top imo, got email about lsd or something the other day from them, makes me wish i still had my cup:(