ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 172 - spring options

Not been on here for a while and the search engine is down at the moment, so...

A while back I heard that Eibach were planning a 172-specific version of their Pro spring kit. Did this happen? Any good?

If not, what are the other options? I want to get the CoG down on my 172 and firm up the handling. Still running the OEM 16s by the way.

Thanks,

Gareth

Im in the same boat here, am really tempted to by the 40mm ones but I didnt really want to go any lower than 30mm if I can help it

A lot of people on here have gone for the Eibach Pro-Kit springs which lower the car around 10-15mm all round but it makes all the difference to the handling. I am very impressed with the results.

They are around £120 from Demon Tweeks or K-Tec.

Go for the Eibach Sportline kit if you really want to drop it a bit lower, however the Prokit is superb as Dai says.

So was there a 172-specific version of the Pro kit?

15mm seems like too small a drop. I thought the point of lowering the car was to lower the CoG thus reducing load transfer to the outside wheels during cornering, thus improving grip... on this basis surely lower is better (until other constraints come into play)?

Maybe the Sportline kit would be better for me...

The 172 kit also fits all models except the 1.2 IIRC. Check out the fitment chart from the Eibach website below :

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1084279002__Eibachs.jpg

15mm seems small but because the springs are stiffer there is less body roll thru the corners to allow you to carry more speed. The difference in handling is superb, it surprised me as I was skeptical before having them done.

If you want a lower look then go for the Sportline but I hate the lowrider look personally hence the reason I went for the Pro-Kit. Personal preference at the end of the day.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

with the pro kit, which drops the car 15mm, has anyone got pics of a mk2 172 with this fitted, with 17s on it? As i am really tempted to get the 15mm pro springs, but am planning to fit 17s later on, and i dont want the car to look like a tractor, but at the same time i dont want the car on its arse, so any pics anyone??

Megane R26

Sorry to ask a question on somebody elses thread, but here goes anyway

K-Tec sell camber correction bolts, are these necessary for the Eibach Pro springs. and if not has anybody who has the Eibachs ftted, noticed any uneven tread wear.

Thanks,

RM172

Quote: Originally posted by Gaz2130 on 11 May 2004

with the pro kit, which drops the car 15mm, has anyone got pics of a mk2 172 with this fitted, with 17s on it? As i am really tempted to get the 15mm pro springs, but am planning to fit 17s later on, and i dont want the car to look like a tractor, but at the same time i dont want the car on its arse, so any pics anyone??
telford_mikes with Eibach Pro-Kit springs and 17" MM HT3s :

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dai.littlewood/Cliosport/Curborough/Curborough%20072.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dai.littlewood/Cliosport/Curborough/Curborough%20080.jpg

172 specific Eibach Pro springs are still not out yet AFAIK. I have emailed Eibach uk for an update but havent had a reply yet.

Ive had the Eibach Pros fitted a couple of weeks back and it has dropped closer to 30mil than 15/20mil. Wheels (standard 16s) fill the arches nicely and the ride is definately improved. Damping of smaller holes etc is def. better.