ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 172 Xenon Headlight

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Hi,

Is proving a nightmare........

My Xenon headlight (the gas bulb HID) packed in so I purchased a new bulb and fitted it for the sum of £40. This didnt cure my problem so I went to work eliminating all other possibilities which finally pointed towards the unit itself as it kept blowing fuses everytime I plugged it in and turned the lights on.. (I had noticed it leaking water too)

Sooo... I bought a new unit for the sum of £180!!... thinking everything would be good to go I came to putting the starter and the Xenon from the old unit in and guess what!!... different unit, apparently I have to buy an adapter for it... (they want £180 for that)...

Has anyone else heard of there being 2 different units??..

Help greatly appreciated cos to be perfectly honest I well F**ked off with it!!... a simple bulb change could potentially be turning into a £400 ordeal.

Cheers
Chris

Last edited: