ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Golf

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Christ dave, has this not got an MOT yet? slacking tbh. :rasp:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol!

Uprated downgraded lowered weed decked facepalmland coilovers should be a "ring" essential!

Rb 182
Managed to get alot done on the golf yesterday, not got many pics. Started off by fiting the new timing belt kit, waterpump, thermostat, rocker gasket. Was a pain in the hoop for what should have been a easy(ish) job.

DSC00205.jpg

Also got the rear coilovers fitted up along with a new wheel cylinder to repair the broken bleed nipple. On stripping the rear drum and shoes off we found a snapped cable and a knackered bearing, so that'll be the next job.

DSC00203.jpg

Thats the main job done and is running pretty well bar sounding a little tappety. Not sure if thats normal as it was a non runner when i got it, some fresh oil and a poke about should see it running well.

The next plan is to get it rolling so that it can be brought out for a wash or detail whatever you youngins call it these days.

DSC00204.jpg

Rb 182
Having looked more into it and had a good poke around it tonight we've got it running bob on. Gave it a full filter service whilst we were at it. Very happy, got a few water leaks to sort out but over the moon.

Big thanks to John and my cousin Mark who did the timing belt whilst i was loosing the plot with it all. Cheers guys.

:D

Rb 182
Having looked more into it and had a good poke around it tonight we've got it running bob on. Gave it a full filter service whilst we were at it. Very happy, got a few water leaks to sort out but over the moon.

Big thanks to John and my cousin Mark who did the timing belt whilst i was loosing the plot with it all. Cheers guys.

:D

Rb 182
Another day another load of bits bought. This time front discs and pads, handbrake cables and some new caliper bolts from Vw.

DSC00206.jpg

Cracked on and fitted up the new handbrake cables along with a new rear bearing. I'll adjust the handbrake once the front brakes are fitted and do a long overdue brake fluid change.

Rb 182
Got John to fit up the front brakes (I hate doing brakes with a passion) did a brake fluid change and bam shes on her wheels.

Image0351.jpg

Only on the 2 turbines as John's nicked the other 2 whilst getting his tyres changed.

Gotta get the rest refitted, fix 2 water leaks then get her up for test.

Image0350.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Turbines in a nice OE silver will look best mate. :)

I'd even consider detailing it for you! Keep in touch sweetie!

Rb 182
noice :cool: cant wait to see it slammed on the turbs ;)

about time ;)

Keep it on the steels... looks epic.

Turbines in a nice OE silver will look best mate. :)

I'd even consider detailing it for you! Keep in touch sweetie!

Yeah, turbs silver with some 165's!!

Cheers guys. The plan is to go lower on silver tubs with 165, but all depends on how it goes with the Mot. Updates to follow shortly.

Rb 182
Bashed on and did some more work to get her ready for mot, swapped the rear turbines for the other 2 steels, added the wheel trims, Put the front bumper, lights, grill on and to finish put on the new rear lights. Gave her a quick hose down too. I'm pretty happy with how it looks, still more to do but finishing touches really to bring it all togther.

Thoughts

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

Rb 182
Adam i've been rocking a mk4 golf for a year and a half now! John makes a valid point. It took us a weekend to do that swap!

Rb 182
Bit of an update on this.

A little neg camber up front

DSC00290.jpg

Rear wiper removed and bunged up

DSC00293.jpg

And a set of fresh plates to clean it up a bit.

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

Cheers guys

Rb 182
Update:

Passed her MOT on Friday, straight pass. MOT guy said he hadn't seen one so clean in ages, pretty chuffed. Few pics from the test.

Waiting to go in
DSC00302.jpg

On the ramp
DSC00303.jpg

And probably the height it used to be lol
DSC00304.jpg

Got a bit of a slagging from the tester as he couldn't get the ramp jacks along to the rear of the car as they caught on the subframe/sump ha ha.

A quick run through to the DVLA saw it being changed from disabled tax onto normal tax starting from the first of the month. Pretty happy all in. :)