ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 ph2 1.4 16v (pic heavy)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I wasn't going to but i saw a red spanish one on here with it done, and it's inspired me ;p it should look nice... My little trophy 1.4 ha vmax, oh you rich b**ch lol

ha ha! i so am not! i have no choice but to buy the vmax, can't get rokkor on 52m spacing :(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Honestly, I didnt think into the spacing ha, I just got offered some for a good price and couldn't say no ;) the car seems pretty down and out; enough so to look the part, getting it raised soon to see if it'll handle the part lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ok then, I've had the coilovers on for a few days now so I'll give my thoughs on them;

When I first got them I had a play around to see how they work, winding them down a little in he process... When the garage fitted them they didn't lift them up again so the car was less than an iPhones height from the floor at the splitter. Bring on splitter death. My girlfriend lives on a very Cambered road so the splitter scraped it like f**k and the coilovers were set so low that the wheels scraped on the arches. Now, as I was driving with it being so low there was a LOT of rocking and I felt everything in the road, every little pothole I came across and couldn't avoid made a loud crash or bang followed by a harsh jerk or me and any passengers being ejected from our seats, so I got the car booked back into the garage to get put up a bit, an inch or so... Before this though I had to get a new tire, when the guys at the garage told me I needed a new one I thought it was bald. It wasn't. It was down to the canvas with exposed wires hanging out, my tracking was way off, so off to get a new tire and to get tracking done. The wheels were now straight and lined up, but they couldn't fit the machinery into the arches for the car being so low, so the steering wheel isn't lined up properly lol.

I dropped the car off at the garage yesterday to get it raised, it still looks nicely low but the drive has been improved so much; there's no wheel scraping, no splitter scratching, it doesn't decide to kick me around at very bump in the road... I can even get over speed bumps and up the ramps in the multi storey. The ride is now a little bit bouncy and firmer than standard. Expectable really, I cleaned the car before it went to the garage, not properly mind, spray jet and brush from the esso garage ftw, I was gonna give it a once over and wax today or tomorrow but...

I couldn't help but take it for a very enthusiastic drive along the country coast roads, on the fast roads to see how it handled and drove at 60 and 70 and for a 'cruise' to shields and back. Anyone from round here knows the sea front at shields and the car wasn't halted by the speed bumps at all :)

I even felt a bit silly and outhandled a dick in a merc who kept gunning past me, and a focus tried giving me a go over se roundabouts: he was swiftly left :)

All in all I'm very happy with these coilovers, the car looks and handles the part, it's point and go now, no point wobble understeer lol thanks Joey for selling me these

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ok then, I've had the coilovers on for a few days now so I'll give my thoughs on them;

When I first got them I had a play around to see how they work, winding them down a little in he process... When the garage fitted them they didn't lift them up again so the car was less than an iPhones height from the floor at the splitter. Bring on splitter death. My girlfriend lives on a very Cambered road so the splitter scraped it like f**k and the coilovers were set so low that the wheels scraped on the arches. Now, as I was driving with it being so low there was a LOT of rocking and I felt everything in the road, every little pothole I came across and couldn't avoid made a loud crash or bang followed by a harsh jerk or me and any passengers being ejected from our seats, so I got the car booked back into the garage to get put up a bit, an inch or so... Before this though I had to get a new tire, when the guys at the garage told me I needed a new one I thought it was bald. It wasn't. It was down to the canvas with exposed wires hanging out, my tracking was way off, so off to get a new tire and to get tracking done. The wheels were now straight and lined up, but they couldn't fit the machinery into the arches for the car being so low, so the steering wheel isn't lined up properly lol.

I dropped the car off at the garage yesterday to get it raised, it still looks nicely low but the drive has been improved so much; there's no wheel scraping, no splitter scratching, it doesn't decide to kick me around at very bump in the road... I can even get over speed bumps and up the ramps in the multi storey. The ride is now a little bit bouncy and firmer than standard. Expectable really, I cleaned the car before it went to the garage, not properly mind, spray jet and brush from the esso garage ftw, I was gonna give it a once over and wax today or tomorrow but...

I couldn't help but take it for a very enthusiastic drive along the country coast roads, on the fast roads to see how it handled and drove at 60 and 70 and for a 'cruise' to shields and back. Anyone from round here knows the sea front at shields and the car wasn't halted by the speed bumps at all :)

I even felt a bit silly and outhandled a dick in a merc who kept gunning past me, and a focus tried giving me a go over se roundabouts: he was swiftly left :)

All in all I'm very happy with these coilovers, the car looks and handles the part, it's point and go now, no point wobble understeer lol thanks Joey for selling me these

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Good little write up there!

I have the rokkors and think they're good. Mines decked and the tracking is well out, it handles like a dog and I can't get over some speed bumps without nearly ripping the front off.
All in all though, they're cool as I just have them for t3h lows.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I have the rokkors and think they're good. Mines decked and the tracking is well out, it handles like a dog and I can't get over some speed bumps without nearly ripping the front off.

thanks mate, i still cant get on the curb outside of my house lol. i have to drive up the little ramp thing on to the pavement then reverse ha :D low but sorta practical

also, get it sorted, a 1.6 should be better than a 1.4 ;)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I can't even get a low entry jack under mine :D

Tracking will be done when the new wheels are on etc, looking forward to it. Steering wheel doesnt line up or anything atm :(

That's exactly what mine were like! :D

Glad to hear you're enjoying them mate. I heard from MDP91 they're Exactly the same as K-tec ones sold for £300 odd quid!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
get a cup spoiler dude that will make the back of your car look awesome

thatll be at the end of the list mate, when i get everything else done and get bored, ill get a cup spoiler lol, with the car being so low and the spoiler looks like it kicks up like a cup one :D

Glad to hear you're enjoying them mate. I heard from MDP91 they're Exactly the same as K-tec ones sold for £300 odd quid!

ha bonus :D the car does handle awesome now, the only thing letting it down is tires lol

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

It's real win having the ghetto lows Joey! :D
Cheers for the help when I was trying to get them right and that mate. £300? LOL!

Trophy #387
How much did that sports grill cost you? Makes so much difference and thinking of getting that front grill and the rear bumper from the 172 for mine :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
2ca9dc87.jpg

there was a nut left on here that wasnt actually attached to anything that was a bellend when it came to fitting the other bumper ^^

7fcc40e6.jpg

^^ these things!!!! after removing all of the bolts and thinking 'whey, bumpers off' these two fcukers were holding the archliners onto the bumpers and apparently i had the wrong allen keys for them (metric or imperial s**t) so out with the pliers and a few nipped fingers later they were out!! hah

05e863dd.jpg

after celebrating getting them off we realised there were two more bolts lol FFFFUUUUU so under my dad went

and...

8fc6379d.jpg

fuck_yea_RE_When_memes_collide-s508x395-88087.png

e9a22062.jpg

42970674.jpg

managed to get a finished pic before it got too dark... shall be an ASW tomorrow and post nice pics

a8730a4e.jpg

Attachments

• 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 40
  Clio 1.2 16v
Looks lovely mate. Can i just ask how you got the side bump strips off to paint them? And when fitting the coilovers did you replace anything or buy anything else or did the coilovers just go straight on?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Looks lovely mate. Can i just ask how you got the side bump strips off to paint them? And when fitting the coilovers did you replace anything or buy anything else or did the coilovers just go straight on?

They're a dick to get off, if you look underneath them next to the door there's a little notch out, get something under it and once you have your hand under pull the front ones towards the back and repeat for the back strips, only these pull forward... There's a little grommet on the inside of the door that you can pull out and use something to help work the strip loose. Hope that helps lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
409a24bf.jpg

d7c9a814.jpg

b17a93f4.jpg

c7c90c59.jpg

ive had this blank for ages... since i got my rear bumper fixed actually... i remembered about a guide on here to remove a siezed on wiper... one wrence over and loosen the bolt to pull it off. it worked :D 15 mins later i had my car alarm go off because i unplugged it by accident lol... 20 mins later i had a nice, clean dewipered rear :D

Is this Capsicum red as well? It looks it in some pictures and cherry red in others.

Btw the confusion you had with the wrong bolts for the bumper. You didn't have the wrong allen key because its not an allen key at all. Its a Torx screw. T25 IIRC.

How much was the rear bumper + spraying? I cba getting one done because there are 0 in capsicum red :(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Is this Capsicum red as well? It looks it in some pictures and cherry red in others.

Btw the confusion you had with the wrong bolts for the bumper. You didn't have the wrong allen key because its not an allen key at all. Its a Torx screw. T25 IIRC.

How much was the rear bumper + spraying? I cba getting one done because there are 0 in capsicum red :(

my bad lol... its sadly not capsicum... i thought it was but i parked next to a few trophies at a meet, theyre more orangy where mines more pinky red... wounder lol.

the bumper came up cheap for £60 and it cost £85 to fill the holes, smooth the scratches and spray it.