ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 PH2 1.4 16v.

MG ZR 1.8
Hey :)
Brought myself my clio 3 days ago now.
Got a few things in mind to do to it...
I've got myself a ktec sports exhaust, fitted this the day after i got it
Cleaned out the throttle body to sort the idiling, was sitting about 500, and was shaking when i started the car up, Its working perfectly now, given the exhaust i lovely burble too.
Gave the car a quick clean last night, it's looking great, paintwork it brilliant.

Next steps...
Give the car a proper clean, probably with a clay bar too to get rid of the grime, and see the best way to sort any small scratches, which is always expected on a 03 plate.

Clean up the alloys, Possibly may be a professional job, one quite deep scratch.. Spray them Anthracite black.

Sort the screen wash jets, think there seriously blocked, motor runs just no wash coming through.

Get the 172 cup springs on there, to improve handling.

Possibly a ktec air filter.

New number plates, Crappy cheap job on there now, like a sticker stuck on the plastic.

ECT... I will be following with pictures soon, Just so you know.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks for reading..:star::D

MG ZR 1.8
last line in first paragraph, not it ... is **

also, going to possibly get a short shift gear box, just to lighten the gear change.

MG ZR 1.8
I took a few last night after the clean, going to get them uploaded, it was slightly too dark but ill brighten them up, and i will also get some fresh ones when i finish work at 2!

Im excited about this car:)

Just such a shame that the insurance on the sports is so expensive, im only 18. :(

Vivaro van
Get coilovers, from £180 u cant go wrong and can change ride height easier and quicker than springs, putting some on mine tomorro, good luck with the project

MG ZR 1.8
Thankyou. I'm only trying to 172 cup springs because my boyfriend has his off his clio, so try them before spending money i dont have!
What would you suggest about the dash strips in the car, mine are silver at the moment, im thinking either carbon fiber wrap or maybe just spraying them the same colour as the car?

Vivaro van
Dunno, left mine silver, they need something tho, prob jus respray silver, canbon wrap is very popular tho

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
pretty sure the cup springs won't fit.
Get some rokkor coilovers or if you want springs invest in some eibach sportlines :)
Which k-tec exhaust are you running?