ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 rear suspension

Had some spacers fitted to my mk2 by HP and now find that the grip is back!

Now running on AVO springs at the front giving a 35mm drop and AVO springs at the rear with two rubber spacers giving a 25mm drop.

Previously when just lowered, the rear had a tendency to come round - in a controlled way during hard cornering - which was quite fun, however now it jst grips and grips as you mash the pedal.

It looks more "even" now as before the rear was a bit low but the body roll is still improved over standard.....

High speed stability seems similar but I need to test it some more.

:)

Arjun

Clio RS 200

I take it these spacers sit on the top or inder the springs then. Was wondering if its worth just getting mod springs like you have or going for the full shox and springs.

Arjun

Just had the eibach springs fitted to the 172....much better at the rear again...no where near as nervous, more supple again

Raises the ride height back up but still lower than std

Ta

J

320d M Sport

Are they similar to the Bump Stops that you cna buy? Threy go in between your coils i think??

Paddy

Jamie - glad to hear you like the Eibachs, I think they sorted out the ride sooooo much, your HP kit going well I trust?

Yep...the whole car is working well apart from the Renault exhaust which is now in for its 3rd replacement....2 centre sections (12000 miles lasted) and 1 CAT at 21000 mile....crap or what!!!

Ta

J

Geoff - no! Bilstein havent got them ready yet......

Jamie - I was thinking about going for the Eibachs too - whats the damage?

Dont know where the spacers are actually fitted....2 at the top, 1 at either end....

Arjun

End of the day its up to the driver.... I would always go for a oversteer setup as I can corner faster once that back end does some for me!

Geoff and Roamer - do you get any rubbing of the tyres on your arch liners on the track, cos that was the only thing of concern to me with the AVOs...

Arjun

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

im dropping mine 60mm but its on 15s (nearly)

bit worried about the back its dropped 15mm already (weight of ice)

No problems with eibach on 17"s at all....the avos are definitely 16" alloy springs...too hard a ride with the reduced tyre wall height on the 17"s and catch a lot when loaded at rear

Ta

J

Lionel Richie

Tom youll have no prblems mate, i can carry three in the back (big lads) with the 17s on (tyre goes right up the arch!!!)

So the general concencus is that the Eibachs really sort the 172 handling out - lowering it nicely, no scrubbage (even with 17s), evening out the choppy ride (as std) and sorting the nervousness out at high speed?????

I must say, having been out in Arjuns on AVOs, it handled well, but was very bouncy and felt a little unstable....