ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 1.4

mk3 clio
hey

so a few weeks ago i bought myself a mk3 1.4
this is how to stood when i bought the car
iphone 113.jpg
sorry iphone pictures =[

so far i have:
debadged
painted diamonds black
bought wheels
smoked side repeaters

what i was planning on doing :

ap coilover drop about 60mm
paint interior
197 seats
refurb alloys
20mm spacers

any suggestions ??

here's the wheels i bought

iphone 108.jpg
sorry for crap picture

thanks andy

Superleggera'd MK3
Most people get h&r or eibach bolt to hub spacers. Im gonna be running 20mm on the rear of mine soon. What are the offset and width of your wheels?

Superleggera'd MK3
Do you need a stud conversion for his spacers? Also, think he is only doing 15mm and 25mm atm as well :)

not needed no lol, but I would recommend it with it being a clio and we all know they break all the time ;)

the threads on ally can wear over time if the wheels are being taken off often enough

Superleggera'd MK3
Ah right, thats cool, just have to not take my wheels off ;) also, i think im at the point where anything that has moving parts...now makes a rattle noise....standard french :)

where in east midlands are you from OP?

Superleggera'd MK3
You can use a wheel offset calculator on the internet and u should be able to work out what spacers you can run :)

mk3 clio
me and a mate have worked it out and they will fit but it will be tight, dont really wanna have to stretch tyres

it looks good but i have to run it daily for work so need to keep it sensible i guess haha

dont need a stud conversion they fit fine had them on the other day at my mates work

also was thinking of doing some coat of tint spray on the front light ? yes or no ?

Superleggera'd MK3
Umm for me its a no on the tint spray...but thats my personal opinion. If you do, make it really light :) where in east midlands you from mate?

Superleggera'd MK3
You should check out lamin-x mate, they are like tint film and they do specific sets for clio mk3 headlights. And they do a few different shades.

Ah right, like round stamford n that?

Superleggera'd MK3
Good call. What wheels are they btw? They look like bentleys? Thanks mate, umm yeah they are relatively easy if u know what to do....i dont...but a mate did. You might need a drill as well as the washers they ask you to use are too small

mk3 clio
the wheels are oz's but no one knows that ;) they need full refurb before they go on want them to sparkle and turn a few heads.
i should be alright then. dont know what to get the wheels sprayed in ?
split between bright or polished or gunmetal. i want them to stand out but not to much.

i like the book of my mates zed

blaackberry 061.jpg

but no sure if will suit my clio

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah i find it best to pick a colour scheme that your happy with (1 maybe 2 colours) then just accesorise with them colours. So maybe do the interior strips that colour? Wouldnt do much more than that though as it might look a bit tacky lol

mk3 clio
What the wheels on the zed ??? If so. Yeah they are there dare's but lease he hasn't tried to make them
look real.

mk3 clio
thanks man

okay i need some advice looking to fit a new exhaust system but dont want uni and want it hidden like it is atm.

anyone know any ways of making it abit more louder ?

or somewhere can get a custom exhaust made

mk3 clio
ANDY CAR.jpg

So update time =]

bought some bbs rz in black soon to be all polished after get all the stuff to do it.
got centers bored out by high spec enginering from 57.1 to 60.1 fits so nice !

got center caps just like the look without atm for some reason :)

so down sized alloys from 15's to 14's just fitted so lucky and to move the brake lines and reroute them but turn out alright

now sits 85mm off the floor

looking to get custom rear spring to level the back out abit and do a full boot/air ride fitment.

any thoughts ?

Superleggera'd MK3
So update time =]

bought some bbs rz in black soon to be all polished after get all the stuff to do it.
got centers bored out by high spec enginering from 57.1 to 60.1 fits so nice !

got center caps just like the look without atm for some reason :)

so down sized alloys from 15's to 14's just fitted so lucky and to move the brake lines and reroute them but turn out alright

now sits 85mm off the floor

looking to get custom rear spring to level the back out abit and do a full boot/air ride fitment.

any thoughts ?

Did I read that correctly mate......your rolling on 14's!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a side on pic to see what it looks like? Sure they not too small for the arches? Plans sound sweet mate, better get saving for air-ride then ;)

also any meets going on in east mids area ?

Also, yeah there is mate. Where you from? There is a meet in lincoln on the 26th May (next sunday). You should join cliosport lincoln facebook group :)

mk3 clio
yes its on 14's ! haha bbs rz on 60 profile tyres though.
will put pictures on cliosport lincoln fb

cant make it on 26th due to car being shown at Modified nationals
its made the cut for the top 50 cars along with my mates z3
so cleaning it like mad atm

today i ordered classic black reg plates ( i know there not legal but there for show )
also stubby arial

i live near stamford so about 30 mins from linc but would drive to a meet need to meet more clio lads
to many bmw and vw my way haha