ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 non sport (TCE) supensions?

Megane RS 250
Hey guys, next week I'll pick up my new car, is a white mk3 1.2 TCE 3 doors, dynamique, 16" inch wheels, tom tom etc...

The first thing I want to do is lower it as it looks like a 4x4.

The "ideal look" would be this:
Clio-TCE-particolari-grigi.jpg

I'd like to get close to that look, but I don't want it do drive poorly or scratch the arches.

So I'm thinkink coilovers...

Do you rate the Bilstein PSS? I'd set them at -40/45 mm, do you think it'll be too hard?
I'd like to hear from someone who has tried a non sport on them.

I also want to fit some 20mm spacers all around, probably going for some C "invisible" ones as I don't want to risk with the police.

The alternatives:

Eibach prokit (-30mm) not low enough

H&R springs (-45 mm) maybe too hard? They'll need dampers so with Bilstein B8 they'll cost almost as much as the PSS
AP coilovers
Weitec GT coilovers

pictures of stock vs H&R
23zo8.jpg

eibach
1325577591.jpg

almost at bumpstops on AP coilovers
05032011361.jpg

2006 Clio
Depends what your budget is, I got a Spax lowering kit which including springs and adjustable shocks for £360. lowers it 45mm. Similar to the first picture, looks far better with nicer wheels obviously but its pretty good and fairly cheap

Megane RS 250
How is the handling? So it has fixed height and adjustable stiffness (like the Eibach+Koni on my old 172)?

Megane RS 250
It's € 460 shipped.. I an get them in Italy from FTC for 480 so I'll buy them here if the best offer in the uk is from madmotors.
It's almost half the price of the Bilstein PSS, honestly that's just too expensive. The Spax are TUV approved, I just hope they're not too harsh and crashy on broken tarmac and potholes..is it?
The -45 mm is spot on.

Megane RS 250
Seems the Spax is very harsh and uncomfortable even in the softest setting, so I look somewhere else! The PSS still seem the best choice.

2006 Clio
Ahh didnt realise you were from Italy haha.

Yeah, potholes and stuff is quite harsh, it has 28 stiffness settings and got mine on 15 and it is quite bumpy at times lol

Megane RS 250
At the moment I'm thinking:

Eibach pro-kit (even it they don't lower the car enough in my opionion, but they should be comfortable) at € 210
AP or Weitec coilovers, if I can get them for €650, I hope at -45 they are still good and not harsh.
Bilstein PPS € 890

What's your opinion?

172/1.2/E30
Had the APs on my 172 quite a bit down (-60/-40) and they weren't harsh at all. But that was in a mk2.

Megane RS 250
In the end I ordered a kit of Eibach pro-kit, for € 155 is was worth a try...if I can't buy Bilsteins I won't fit coilovers.
With the RS wheels +winter tyres (ordered, Hankook Icebear W300, very cheap) and the springs it'll look like this:
395866_2772961776818_1641240463_2466023_1385029969_n.jpg