ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile for the elderly?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I'm wanting to get my Grandma a mobile phone as her eye sight isn't as good as it was and she is struggling to text on her current phone.

I don't want someting that looks like it has been specifically designed for someone who would find a regular mobile phone difficult to use. But I think it needs to have a large colour screen, qwerty keypad, large(ish) clear to read buttons and to be simple to use.

The best I can find is this, although I have never used a alcatel so am not sure how easy it would be to use.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/ALCATEL-OT-808/PPAY&clearance=false

Any other recommendation would be appreciated.

id recommend one but my nan got an awkward one and she text speaks all the time now and has loads of song on her's. lol

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
My grandad texts me jokes. Dirty jokes. I never should have introduced him to Sickpedia.

I don't think my 87 year old Grandma would like Sickpedia, I could be wrong though.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I've seen those binatone ones, I think they've been designed with calling in mind. The letters on the buttons are still very small so texting would he difficult, I think a qwerty keypad would be better.