ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modified 197's

Clio 197
Recently got a 197 and love it! Apart from it drinks!

Can people post pics of theres in here so I can get some ideas even if its just lowered of different alloys or whatever.

Thinking of getting mine lowered and spacers and getting the alloys refurbed and in gun metal grey.

Also an induction kit and maybe bigger exhausts that poke out more than the standard ones.

172, Tiguan
No, they really are that bad. I'm averaging 27.5mpg and I'm no way heavy footed!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I find the mpg to be inaccurate... I think it takes an average over an hour or so and sets at that. I reset the trip and nailed it for a while, mpg rose from 18 to 27 then stayed at 27 until I reset again even though I drove nicely... This time, I reset it and drove lax for a while, it was on 34mpg, after a thrash it went down to 31 and its been there since

But I'm rambling... Pics

This is how I want mine to sit

7bedb9aa003783139e2c8eaf207a569a_zps2c1586d7.jpg

Exhaust tips (on when I got the car)
IMG_7520.jpg

AFE920D5-82E6-4E32-A20E-3E77976DA700-2724-00000330080EAD0C.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Mine,

Just running KW's

WP_000578.jpg

Retrimmed 197 wheel (cups have poverty spec one)

WP_000981_zps6ff6d502.jpg

WP_000982_zps0503173c.jpg

Picking it up tomorrow from Birchdown, cambelt + aux belt (full kit) water pump, handbrake cables, gearbox oil and MOT! Cher ching!!!!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hero wheels.

can I have a pic of your spoiler from like eleventy one different angles please. I find it really hit and miss... Like, it looks great there, but other times I don't like them lol

Were you by Cheshire oaks on Monday night? Spotted a 197cup in white but didnt put a thread up

Last edited:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Mine,

Just running KW's

WP_000578.jpg

Picking it up tomorrow from Birchdown, cambelt + aux belt (full kit) water pump, handbrake cables, gearbox oil and MOT! Cher ching!!!!
Good man, looks great in that picture.

Was you behind me the other day in Chester?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hero wheels.

can I have a pic of your spoiler from like eleventy one different angles please. I find it really hit and miss... Like, it looks great there, but other times I don't like them lol

WP_000259.jpg

DSC04797.jpg

29122010408.jpg

DSC04798.jpg

DSC04796.jpg

I'm a bit meh with it, pretty sure its coming off, the cost i'll get back for it will pay for the repair to the lid.

Think i prefer it naked, like my old un

truckstop.jpg

197310509093.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nah not me in Chester, I probably would have been waving like a gimp (RS wave?)

Yeah, bonded and bolted

..............the more i look through some old pics, the more i think bare back is best ;)

Mods on this were,

H&R Coilovers, speedlines, painted calipers and mirror caps

DSC04574.jpg

DSC04562.jpg

DSC04553.jpg

Nice group of 197's ! I've been thinking for a while about up grading ! My 182 does 19 -23 around town but that's pretty much all it is ! I've done a really steady driving week this week and got it to 29.5 though, so it's obviously me and my love of blipping throttle and the pop :) haha and my work run has tunnels! Guess the only way find out is bite the bullet !

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Nice group of 197's ! I've been thinking for a while about up grading ! My 182 does 19 -23 around town but that's pretty much all it is ! I've done a really steady driving week this week and got it to 29.5 though, so it's obviously me and my love of blipping throttle and the pop :) haha and my work run has tunnels! Guess the only way find out is bite the bullet !

Thatll be why my mpg doesn't go far above 30 lol :eek:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
To both ;)

That other Albi aint shy! Its such a hard colour to capture, it really flips under different lighting conditions

172, Tiguan
I took the wind deflectors off of mine but I might stick them back on tbh. I take a terrible picture as well!

The fuel doesn't bother me too much now, I just use it once a week to compensate! :)