ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modifying A New clio

Hi guys.

Im new to this forum. Ive been reading them for a while, but this is my first post. I got myself a brand new Phase 3 1.2 16v Expression Plus back in December 2002. So far ive tinted the windows, and added a piperX induction kit. Im trying to get the relocation kit from K-Tec but theres been delivery problems. Im pickin up some 17s tomorrow, Team Dynamics Phantoms. 300 notes, not bad.

Im just writin this to find out what the Manufacturers warranty think of me lowering my car, bangin on an exhaust, induction kit and a bodykit???

Has anyone had any dealings with them in the past? Have they charged you when you tried to hand the keys back?

Also, is it possible to remove sideskirts after theyve been fitted, without damaging the paintwork?

Sorry if its loads o questions guys, look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Steve

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I dont have a new clio and as such am pretty much useless to you, but I will say that you wont be able to take Side Skirts off without leaving a mark. You will have drill holes to contend with and the bonding adhesive which will probably take some of the paint off with it. So essentially your looking at a welding/filler and respray job on the sills once youve got the skirts off, which is gonna cost you around £100-£150.

Rick

Ive got a 02 plated clio extreme with a bodykit, 17in tsw reflexs and a powerflow backbox.

Renault will NOT touch any modified part you put on your car (I know this through Experience)

Renault will NOT touch any modified part you put on your car (I know this through Experience)

this is true, the modified (non-standard) part will invalidate the warranty for any related parts

i.e. induction kit will affect anything that can be related to the air/fuel mixture, and even if it has only the smallest of relations with it, you will have to pay for it

IVE GOT AN 03 CLIO 1.2 16V BILLABONG WITH THE FREE INSURANCE AND THE ONLY WAY IT AFFECTS THE WARRANTY IS IF I TOUCH THE ENGINE / MECHANICAL PARTS AS FOR STYLING I CAN DO ANYTHING BUT MY EXCESS GOES UP FOR EVERY MOD IT WENT UP £150 / £1330 WORTH OF PARTS

As I keep getting told by various people I dont think you can, Best bet is to keep rolling radius the same as possible, To get as close as possible on 17s you need 205/40/17 tyres, This is what im about to fit to my 17" team dynamic Phantoms. As advised by Rtec

Picked the wheels up last night and banged em on.

Theyve got 205/40/17s already on. Theyre good alloys. The back doesnt look too bad, but the front looks like its on stilts. Can i drop my phase 3 60mm or not? Anyone done it? Ive got a mate whos dropped his phase 2 60 mm no probs.

Steve

IVE GOT 18S ARRIVING ON THE 27TH OF APRIL ITS LOWERED 40MM CLEAR LIGHTS TINTED WINDOWS FULL PIONEER SOUND SYSTEM AND SOME INTERIOR STUFF NEON GROND KIT AND STROBE GROUND KIT

Ive just been on the phone to K-Tec and im probably gonna get some 40mm springs, Dave reckons 60mm will rub and catch on the rear bumper mountings at the back.

Lionel Richie

Well i can tell you for a fact that it wont rub on 60mm (Dave is wrong!) with 17s (as long as you have the right offset)

What is the offset? I think ive got the wrong one. Theyre already quite low at the back. Plus idont want to get 60mm springs, then not be able to use them cos they rub. Id be stuck with summat i couldnt use then.

What you rekon i do Fred ?

If owt goes wrong with ur engine take off ur induction kit b4 u take it 2 renault, as they will blame wat evas wrong with ur engine on the induction kit. Especially if its the head gasket

Lionel Richie

Check you wheels is all i can recommend, youll have to take one off the car and have a close look on the back of it you should see "ET37" (this is an example, the number maybe different)

Cut the rubber and hacksaw the plastic bit off its that easy someone on hear used yellow rubber gloves to get theres off kinky:devilish: