ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco 172 Enhancement Detail (Pic Heavy)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
WOW! Wish my monaco looked like that! I dont have the time to spend on it tho :( been looking for a top notch detailer round by me but cant find one for love nor money!

Clio RS
looks like new, just started getting into detailling myself but still need a lot off stuff, specially a polish machine...

looks realy pristine dude!

Barge
Gosh, Markie. That is a cracking transformation! Beautiful! I only wish I had the skill to do that level of cleaning!

Megane RS250
Awesome work! Looks completely mint mate :)

Is that a Kestral DA your using bud? I'm thinking of getting one soon...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Why haven't recaros got harness holes in them?

Good work BTW.
Because it was bought as a road car, harnesses would never be going in it, and I think they look better.:rasp:

Gay thread, s**t cleaning, shed of a car. Fag.

;)

E87 118d M Sport
WOW! Wish my monaco looked like that! I dont have the time to spend on it tho :( been looking for a top notch detailer round by me but cant find one for love nor money!

get yourself on www.detailingworld.com mate. there is a thread which list detailers and where they are based. i guarantee there is one within 30 miles of where your based.

Gosh, Markie. That is a cracking transformation! Beautiful! I only wish I had the skill to do that level of cleaning!

cheers! get your wallet out and ill come do it for you. and the car. ;)

Awesome work! Looks completely mint mate :)

Is that a Kestral DA your using bud? I'm thinking of getting one soon...

thanks Andy! Yeah its a DAS-6 (altho there is a pro version of it available now.) I wasnt guna use the rotary (SIM180) on this as the paint didnt need it imo.

Because it was bought as a road car, harnesses would never be going in it, and I think they look better.:rasp:

Gay thread, s**t cleaning, shed of a car. Fag.

;)

typical. you show up to defend your purchases. :rolleyes: they do look better tho.

the guy that owned it before me lived in birmingham....i could spend 100 hours on it and it would never be "clean" ;)

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Alright mate, that car looks amazing and has inspired me to bite the bullet and order a kit off polished bliss.

Few questions to help out a n00b though, what size area's were you hitting each time ?
Like, how many hit's for the bonnet etc and the doors ?
Did you polish with the power finish on white/orange cutting pads and then refine with final finish on a polishing pad ?

Cheers mate ! i hope i can achieve as great a correction as you have!

E87 118d M Sport
ideally i would have liked to do the machine polishing inside, but i just dont have anywhere to do it. due to the sun (and therefore temp of the panels) i split the roof into 8 sections, and bonnet into 6 sections.
the results i got were between 2-4 hits each (using the slow cut method).
yeah, the pads/polishes as you described.

good luck! just practise and be patient.

E87 118d M Sport
Great Result, how much to do mine? :)

PM me if that was a serious comment. I cant tell with that cute little smiley

Are we talking about your hair now??

Looks great in all honesty fella, credit to you. So glad it went to a good home, it's a minter.

:rolleyes: I was guna get my hair cut. I wont now. ;)

Cheers matey will check that site out :) Thanks!

heres the link for you Tim: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40246

if you want to view their work before speaking to them, most will have posted in "The Studio" of previous jobs.

Mk7 Golf, Daytona600
Looks awesome as always! Did you have a go at your passenger door or are you just going to leave it?

E87 118d M Sport
Cheers mate. I was suprised at how much came out on 2 passes!
I tried to take a pic of it now, but you cant see it with a camera (you can just see the deeper parts if the sun catches it right).

You would of been able to see it in this picture pre-detail:

SNV84272.jpg

it was about where the mirror reflection is in the door.

120d M Sport
One of the best 172s on the site. I spent last Friday and Saturday afternoon machine polishing mine, long slog aint it!

E87 118d M Sport
I dunno about that Alex. I like to think I look after it, but there are some stunning cars on here!

Yeah its not the easiest job in the world, but well worth the effort in my opinion!!!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Where the hell have I been to miss this thread mate? :eek:

Answer...trying to do mine the same, then give up & drive it lol :eek:
Actually makes me want to pick up the PC again and drop that Silverline rotary TBH

E87 118d M Sport
That rotary gives fantastic result, but theres a knack to using it.
The PC is safe and gives great results. just takes a tad longer.

rstuned 182ff bg
wow mate your attention to detail is fantastic,
that is the nicest monaco iv ever clapped eyes on,

good work pal,just wish u lived closer,i wud pay u
good money to let u loose on my b/g182.