ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mondial Blue Clio Cup Track Car

Clio 182 FF
I fancied doing a few track days this year so bought a clio cup last month for the job as abit of a toy. :cool: My daily driver is a clio 172 so i know they are capable motors and looking forward to getting it on track. Let me know your thoughts on it and i'm open to suggestions on what mods i can do to improve its track capability!

20130123_183358.jpg

20130123_183349.jpg

20130123_183331.jpg

20130123_183301.jpg

20130123_183421.jpg

20130123_183431.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
As above, drive it and see what breaks.

An all round freshen up would be a good place to start tho if your wanting to spend money.... Bushes/Rods/bearings/bars etc & maybe look at the brakes.

Other than that just enjoy it.

Monaco blue 172
Put your right foot hard down and turn that big round thing on the right hand side violently. Winner.

Let us know when your booking on track bud!

Monaco blue 172
Willne sure to pop over if not book on! Any decent roads up chorley ways? Clios due tyres next month so will get some decent stuff and go hooning

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Get to the llandow track day on 7th march. The thread is in the track day section.

I like the car. Clio cup sticker looks good on dash strip too.
Great wheels too :)

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
We are stopping over the night before in local travelodge. It won't be too bad.

Clio 182 FF
Willne sure to pop over if not book on! Any decent roads up chorley ways? Clios due tyres next month so will get some decent stuff and go hooning

Only just seen this, no real good roads near me. What you thinking, photoshoot?

Monaco blue 172
Just thinking go out and have a good blast down some decent roads, stop pub food then back down. Mcr style.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Refresh the fluids and give it once over. Then get on track and see what you would benefit from rather than just spending out before you know what your base line is.

Clio 182 FF
Just thinking goin some ate racing blueout and have a good blast down some decent roads, stop pub food then back down. Mcr style.

Sounds good mate, ill give you a shout when i got this baby taxed and insured!

Gonna flush the brake fluid and stick in some ate racing blue and see how i get on

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Good start, lovely Clio. As the guys have said above, a general refresh of components/fluids would be a good place to start. Get it mechanically A1.

What tracks do you plan on visiting this year?0

Monaco blue 172
Good man I've just found some 15's for mine so will get some decent track tyres bought next month and book on meself!!

Clio 182 FF
Nyall - just oulton so far and then see from there :)

Gaz - just ordered some federal rsr in 15s for £257 a set.cheapest decent tyre out there!