ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More BHP for a new Renault Clio Sport 2.0

Renault Laguna Coupe

I dont think this one will be available in the UK. Saw some photos of it a while ago and the exhaust looks nice! 180 bhp is easily achievable on a 172 / Cup anyway.

hmmm

is it a 172 with cup tuning? (no I am not trying to say the cup has 180 hp) it has +/- 180bhp / ton or something like that.

/y0z

no this is an oldish subject. theres talk of launching a 180hp version of the 172 by the end of this year in France and the french sites have got plenty of pics of twin centre exhaust cars etc. I dont know if this is true or hype, some of the Renault guys on this site can tell. In any case I think theyre just having a fun poke at he 206 (should have made it 181 bhp ..)

why would you be bothered by an alleged 8bhp - and I mean alleged, since a lot of 172/cups do not make anywhere near the alleged 172 bhp. ?? Now if there was a proper improvement - read 220+ bhp, suspension mods etc - that would be another matter altogether, but then that "cup" would have better performance than the heavier Mk2 V6 .. unlikely from a marketing perspective...

we got the internal info a while ago..........but i dont see the point, 190 would be more fun than a supposed 8bhp gain.....yawn.

changes are only higher fuelpressure and a different inlet (I gave allready the Renault partnumber over here see other topic) and indeed outside there are two exhausts like the V6. For the rest the car is stock.

The latest I heared that Renault is going to make only 200 cars in france, so this is news for me. I will ask Renault Sport director Holland in three weeks at the Assen GP.

Cheers all.

p.s. the part in the engine they changed is around € 250

see also topic : powerup your 172 there are all the changed parts already mentioned. 7700 stock Renault numbers will changed to 8200 starting numbers

cheers

Mk2 172

Arent Nissan going to style it though?

Heard rumours that Nissan were styling and Renault were engineering - terrifying thought.

Quote: Originally posted by Elliot on 16 July 2003

Arent Nissan going to style it though?

Heard rumours that Nissan were styling and Renault were engineering - terrifying thought.

It would be great if it was the other way round.

clio sport mk1 golf

sport can you translate it into english for me please!! i cant understand edam language

cheers chappy

look in exterior-power section the tread is power up RS III, see also the changed part I mentioned. Here in Holland we CANNOT get the part from the local Renault dealer. The only way I can get it is directly through Renault Sport in France.

Cheers

p.s. but give a try on that 8200 number in the UK maybe it can be ordered there

@nosh there is written :

peugeot has opened the attack on Renault bringing out an 206 RC base with 177 Bhp. Renault directly reacts with a redrawn extra 8 Bhp.

The picture is a stock 172 Mk2, they claim here tghe car will be sold in Holland in september 2003. I heared it´s a special (only 200 pcs.) but I can be wrong of course. But would be nice to have the extra horses stock.

cheers

You think if they were going to make a special edition they would have actually made it something special over a standard 172, come in 8 hp lol. With the way 172 power fluctuates from car to car that means nothing. I wish they had made it 190 hp I would have bought all the "special" parts and had 190 hp Cup without fitting any non Renault parts.... lost opportunity for us all.:mad:

lol, Girlracer, I can see the indentations! They are the bits that look photoshopped! The right hand pipe (esp. in your blow up pic) is dead wonky. Thats def. photoshopped.

GR7

Shiny red R32

The two half circles are slightly different in shape also the spaces above the exhaust are different. If they had been photoshopped wouldnt they have been identical?

Why would they have been identical? It depends on the source of the picture that is being used over the main image. The right hand exhaust also looks squished.

clio sport mk1 golf

seems a little ott for an extra 8 hp, why not just do some other mods to your cars? i bet you could get more than 8hp incres by just adding some extra bits!!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

If Renault bring out a 172 with 180bhp - wont it be called the Renault Sport Clio 180 ????

Dont forget that the Clio 172 is 126kw (=169BHP) . Now its real 180BHP, But its more a commercial action against the 177BHP Peugeot 206RC !

Just a Renault Peugeot Issue !!!! I wanna have more I wanna have more. I think my kids even make less fuss about being the best

cheers

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Hmm ok so for each exhaust you get an 8bhp increase

so thats RS220

The dual exhaust looks good, and it keeps some familiarity with the Renaultsport V6, 11bhp is an ok increase, reading a test on the facelifted Leon R with +15bhp it made a noticeable difference mid range (autocar). i think they should round it up to 200bhp though :D

-Rob

hype... LoL ...

I was diving on a WWII P47 thunderbolt recently and your exhaust system reminds me of the 4 machine guns on each wing - Nice -

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

But anyway can someone confirm this 180bhp thing?

Cant see the point myself is it worth developing so late into the cycle?

Mr Townsend?