ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More dealer misery!!!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I took my car in last week to have 4 things looked at

1. Exhast Rattle
2. Erratic Idle
3. Rattle on dash (knew where from and told them so)
4. Petrol light coming on when not empty

Result

1. Say nothing wrong!
2. Intiall told that this was because the 172 runs very lean to reduce emissions but they now say that its the oxygen sensor - theyve ordered a new one
3. Rattle still there they adjusted the alarm senson on the passenger side. Well they didnt adjust it they broke of the fixing and stuck it on with a stick pad and it has since fallen off and is dangling on it cable. The BLOODY rattle is still there AND I TOLD THEM WHAT IT WAS!!!!!
4. Informed me that I needed a new dash board insert (the thing with all the lights on) so fine I said they ordered it. BUT NOW MY PETROL LIGHT DOESNT WORK AT ALL AND I RAN OUT OF PETROL YEASTERDAY!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHGGGGGGG

They are so incompitant, my car has to go in again. What are they going to break this time???

honda accord 2.4 type s

Benfield have always been sh*te with me aswell, i go to Reg Vardy on the Felling by-pass now

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I went to that Reg Vardy for my first repair and they damaged a door!!! took 3 months for them to repair it!!

172 & LCR

Hi Paul was that Benfield Scotswood Rd or Benfield Rd the lads at Benfield Rd have always been spot on with me but I do know the garage forman which comes in handy.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Scotswood Road. They were all right the first time but the half hearted work they did last time was a joke!

GeordiePaul,

There all a joke. I started at Benfield Rd and got so p!ssed off with the service I went to reg vardy. After more shocking attitude there I ended up at Benfield on Scotswood Road. By this time and several complaints to renault UK I had my 12000 mile service paid for. Was just so hacked off with the dealer experience I decided to change my car.

It makes it more apparent when you deal with other car manufactures (dealers) how sh!t they are in comparison. Spingfield Honda have been excellent, even after they had secured the sale.

Hope you get your car back on the road ASAP.

Keith

Sorry forgot to mention, the Service Manager at Scotswood Road (Ian I believe) was a very nice man and sorted me out. Its a shame they cant be consistent.!!!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

The service manager at scotswood road was on holiday! So will wait to see him.

Mark at work bought his CTR from Springfield in Sunderland and he has had problems with them. They damaged his car when it was in for an Oil Change! Theyre all incompitant!!

He is also selling his CTR!!!