ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More fun than a GTR

GTR/RS3/EVO7/CLIO182
Had the chance to drive a 182 recently and I'm sold. Looking to pick one up asap. I own a '15 GTR Black Edition, Stage 3 RS3 and EVO VII. The EVO is the most fun to drive being manual and handles crazy but driving the 182 I couldn't stop laughing! Plan is to make it into a track/autoX focused car. Will post back once I pick one up. Nice to meet you all.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Not surprised to hear these comments. Many of us own/owned significantly faster and more powerful cars. Yet still own a 172/182.
Utter brilliant fun and reminds you what driving fun is all about..

Best of luck :0
True story about owning faster/premium cars.. For me its not only the driving on track fun, its also the fun factor in the piece of shite breaking and the mere fact that it is still a car which is basic enough to work on ourselves. Its the "me" time i enjoy fiddling around improving and fixing things.. Oh and also the massive following and the Clio community we have here, insta, youtube as well which is brilliant to be a part of..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Get the fat Datsun gone, for sure. :giggle:

Impossible to have more fun for the money than a 172/182. What's the spec on the Evo? There's a few on here.

GTR/RS3/EVO7/CLIO182
Get the fat Datsun gone, for sure. :giggle:

Impossible to have more fun for the money than a 172/182. What's the spec on the Evo? There's a few on here.
Evo VII currently basic stage 2 bits, i picked it up about 2 months ago cheap as chips as its needs work so it's a bit of restoration build. Doing all the service stuff first then coil overs bushes exhaust etc. Plenty to do.

24a7c3c1897d4b2413afae5db0db250d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's why a lot of people with decent cars own them. I've met a number of guys who used to track subarus and even Porsches to a point, decided to either buy cheap RS Clio and have fun without a massive consumable bill every track day. A few others spent a bit more and went down the lotus route. Fit some stickier tyres but still cheap consumables.

GTR/RS3/EVO7/CLIO182
You can't claim to have such epic cars, and not post pictures...You know the rules lol. ;)
Hahah I'm new here so didn't know. Here is my stage 3 RS3 and Stage 2 GTR. The evo is a work in progress, proper barn yard find out here. Here meaning Qatar, i work here emigrated from the UK which is why picking up an evo LHD and 182 in this dessert is a rarity. No rust issues but plenty of dust issues. Oh well cheap fuel and insurance can't complain LOL

48daee9486833d340f744678cb8b7e69.jpg
427383bd10b7bfd77ef3bd5b274339fa.jpg
809d312ffb19fd69565206b52bef7960.jpg
f61bad7f338a4c8bbba673176e0ab742.jpg
0720c6552dce4f4ac006ee66fe0f2d7e.jpg

Clio 197,with megan'
Had the chance to drive a 182 recently and I'm sold. Looking to pick one up asap. I own a '15 GTR Black Edition, Stage 3 RS3 and EVO VII. The EVO is the most fun to drive being manual and handles crazy but driving the 182 I couldn't stop laughing! Plan is to make it into a track/autoX focused car. Will post back once I pick one up. Nice to meet you all.
I had an FQ 400, running 636bhp, it averaged a Gearbox around every 8 months!. I now run a forged R26, with 360bhp, and a lot of weight stripped out, and it is a far better car.Here in sunny Scotland, its not as warm as Qatar!.Keep us up to date with your progress.

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Lovely collection of Cars you have!
I also own a 2015 White GTR Recaro

Also looking at getting back into a 172 myself, had a 172Cup about 10years ago and a normal 172 about 6 years ago, cannot beat them!

GTR/RS3/EVO7/CLIO182
Lovely collection of Cars you have!
I also own a 2015 White GTR Recaro

Also looking at getting back into a 172 myself, had a 172Cup about 10years ago and a normal 172 about 6 years ago, cannot beat them!
Thanks mate. More excited about the 182 then I was when I bought the GTR lol

GTR/RS3/EVO7/CLIO182
I had an FQ 400, running 636bhp, it averaged a Gearbox around every 8 months!. I now run a forged R26, with 360bhp, and a lot of weight stripped out, and it is a far better car.Here in sunny Scotland, its not as warm as Qatar!.Keep us up to date with your progress.
Was the whp? Must have been an absolute animal mate. Any pics?

GTR/RS3/EVO7/CLIO182
Are there that many good driving roads in Qatar?
Mate all the roads here are wide and flat, no hills very little bends. The 182 is going to be a track/auto X focused car mainly. Out here straight line speed is king (unfortunately). I miss my Yorkshire b-roads that's for sure.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Mate all the roads here are wide and flat, no hills very little bends. The 182 is going to be a track/auto X focused car mainly. Out here straight line speed is king (unfortunately). I miss my Yorkshire b-roads that's for sure.

170 BHP Clio will be perfect for those roads... 😂

Clio 197,with megan'
Was the whp? Must have been an absolute animal mate. Any pics?

In my 64 years of owning cars, I have never kept any photos, and I have had lots of cars!.I do know, the EVO was crushed, several years after I sold it, after a major Court Case.

HK52 VLW 172 Cup
Definately a older knacker thing. I hate my phone and still jump when it goe's off.

Can anybody link me to a Youtube tutorial on how to use the Quote button. Just tried it and had to drag and urghhh..........

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Definately a older knacker thing. I hate my phone and still jump when it goe's off.

Can anybody link me to a Youtube tutorial on how to use the Quote button. Just tried it and had to drag and urghhh..........
Just hit the reply button if you're only trying to reply 1 particular post.