ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

more noise for V6

Had a little experiment, took off both engine covers & went for a drive. JEEEZZZ!!!! what a noise!!! you can here the BMC sucking like a goodun & the exhaust noise was just amazing!!! couldnt do it for too long though, cuz i was going def, but great all the same. All v6 owners. Try it sometime, i gurantee youll be grinning! :D

all my covering is off right now- in the 9 months that i have owned my v6 the cover has been off for 3. the sound is deafening but i love it - it really is race car feel.

only down side is the heat in traffic, the AC has to be switched on.

Tried this when running car on quarter mile... Sounds like proper track car. Can hear every gear change and engine noise un real!!

v6 mk2

i was gonna try this but didnt want the car filling up with fumes!!! can you notice the difference with the 1st cover off but without the smoke!?

smoke???? better take it to a garage!;)

Tom, ive replyed to your thread, have a look.

Anyway, sound was cool, with covers off, but agree about the heat thing. Gun it then back off, & i got a warm feeling on the back of my neck, ohh err!!

Does anyone know if you can buy a perspex engine cover??

E91 M Sport

I know MikeT and some of the others have perspex behind the seats because they dont do engine covers!

Ill have to give this a go....

Quote: Originally posted by JAY BUNDHOO on 11 March 2005

smoke???? better take it to a garage!;)

Tom, ive replyed to your thread, have a look.

Anyway, sound was cool, with covers off, but agree about the heat thing. Gun it then back off, & i got a warm feeling on the back of my neck, ohh err!!

Does anyone know if you can buy a perspex engine cover??

where did i say smoke :p My engine gives off a rubbery smell, even if i open the windows the cabin starts to smell of rubber. Maybe this is just me car???????

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

Its the cats melting the sound insulation behind the carpets - look at any pics of mine without the carpet and you can see the stuff melted.

No cats - no problem

Yeah, if you lose the cats you just have to deal with the rich fuel smell instead!! Doesnt bother me though, reminds me of go-karts.

i have no weird smells, except the smell of heat.

opening the windows makes the cabin hotter, the heat rises to escape covering you in a sudden heat wave.

ive run with just the black covering too, and that is alot quieter, you can hear the radio too, also keep the heat at bay.

E91 M Sport

Tried driving around with the engine cover today and I have to say...

...it didnt really do anything for me! In fact, I liken the sound to standing close to the back of a bus when it roars off; loud, but completely unsatisfying!

The greatest thing about (my) V6 is the sound of the induction when pushing on, and the noise of the exhaust on the over-run.

Just my opinion of course!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

How much storage space to you get in these V6s up front?

I know it was next to useless in the current shape MR2 - it had a stupid lid that made it look like a small dustbin under the bonnet!

D.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Storage up front isnt bad, but its not watertight and it gets kinda warm in there because its just behind the radiator. Theres quite a bit of space on the shelf behind the seats though, can get a couple of wheelie bags, helmets etc in there.