ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More turbo questions!

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
i know ive read as many threads on turbo 1*2s that i could find on here. I know there has been clios that have had failure from been turbod but theres also been ones that run fine. If i was running a lbt around 6-7psi and the mapping was good i see no reason for the engine not to last long unless i was constantly thrashing it/not looking after it i.e servicing etc/been an idiot and turning the boost up past what people call safe psi on standard internals.

as far as cost is concerned you live and you learn, if you do it for £700 it would be great, but the fact is you should really budget 2k even if your doing the work yourself.

Ly Megane 230 F1
One way i looked at it was if i was to spend £1k on n/a upgrades i could get a realistic figure of 195bhp? if i was to spend £1k on a LBT i think a realistic figure would be 215ish?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Once you start it will surprise you how much the bits and pieces you need add up to.

The intercooler and exhaust pipework will be all custom so this will come to around £500 on their own so £700 and you will be doing very well.

Ly Megane 230 F1
Once you start it will surprise you how much the bits and pieces you need add up to.

The intercooler and exhaust pipework will be all custom so this will come to around £500 on their own so £700 and you will be doing very well.

i mentioned earlier in the post :)... my mate is a pipe welder/fabricator.. Hes willing to help me with the dowpipe and intercooler pipes so all il need to pay for is the pipework which he gets a trade prices through his work. He previously made an exhaust for one of my old 106's.