ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT advisory on Xenon - Help?

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Hi all,

Well the 172 went for it's MOT this morning and passed with flying colours! Unfortuntely got 3 advisory's, one of which i should be able to resolve myself. The offside dipped (xenon) beam is too low. So I looked for an adjuster screw or something but after taking the rubber cap off to expose the buld, the whole silver chrome plastic part inside the headlight moves about really easily. So if I push on the buld gently it moves to where I need it but let go and it just drops down? Has anyone else had this? What's best to do - take the headlamp out and go from there? If so how do ya remove the headlamp. Cheers! Dan.

172 cup'd extreme
sounds like its either broken (common) or its dislodged from the 2 white clips inside the lamp that hold it in place

Lots of Alfas
Yeah as above, it sounds like the plastic bit has fell off/came loose, If you pull the servo out the back of the lights it should be attached to a white plastic arm, you need to push it back in so the arm pushes the lights up. Its quite fiddly to do btw.

Hope that makes sense!!

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Right, so do I need to take the full headlamp out to have a play with it?? Are xenon's motorised? Cos i don't have the movement control!

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Thought so - was just lookin on k-tec at the angel eye headlamps they have but i believe they not xenon??

www.renparts.co.uk
mine has come loose before.. when i 1st fitted them. pull the inside bit towards the back of the headlight and it may click back in..
thanks
josh

sounds like its either broken (common) or its dislodged from the 2 white clips inside the lamp that hold it in place

very common to come loose, mine did the same, think renault can fix them, i had a bump and both replaced before i could ask :S

jamie

Lots of Alfas
Right, so do I need to take the full headlamp out to have a play with it?? Are xenon's motorised? Cos i don't have the movement control!

Probably as its a 172, on my brothers 1.2 you can pop the rubber covers off and have a play but in the 172 I know there is no room. They are motorised and are self leveling, they have a servo that has a motorised arm which pushes them up or down. The white clip from the servo to the lights sometimes comes loose so the lights move about all over the place and normally point upwards.