ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mot failure - front coil spring incomplete

Monaco Blue 172
guessing i should replace coils & shocks at the same time as they've never been done?

my car is getting on in miles (140k) so don't really want to spend a mint; upgrade is a nice idea but getting/keeping the set-up right seems to be a minefield and to be honest the ride is already hard enough...

rear shocks were done at 95k, should i renew these at the same time to ensure even handling? advisory note says rear springs are corroded. the back end seems to skit around a lot on uneven surfaces, not sure if this is tyres or suspension?

ta

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
You got 140k out of a coil spring? Mines needed at least one spring every mot so far. They're made of cheese.

You have a few options

OEM Shocks and Springs
OEM shocks + eibach springs
Koni Yellow + Eibach Springs
Coilovers

Monaco Blue 172
having read around a bit on here i've now dismissed apex so yes the OEM shocks & eibach springs are a distinct possibility - i've always found the ride a bit harsh and even more so lately (which is to be expected i suppose). the cd skips when i go over rumble strips ffs!

Westy. MX5
OE shocks and Eibach springs are a good combination but if you think the OEM springs are a hard ride, the Eibach's will be a little harder.

Monaco Blue 172
pro kit - liking the sound of that, don't really want to lower too much as my exhaust already catches on some speed bumps! :cry: