ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Today

Cars been in this morning for MOT, remove locking wheel nuts and fit new tyres i bought the other week. Hoping to feck it passes the mot. The only thing that could be a problem is there is a slight grinding noise when braking after reversing. Would that suggest the bake discs/pads are gone?

Apart from that it should be good. I hope nothing needs done to it. Getting charged around £120 for removing the locking nuts, fit new ones, fit tyres adn MOT. Sound a decent price?

What else tends to be wrong with a 54 plate around this time come the mot? Just want a heads up on what could be what.

thanks

Simple things really, Checked all bulbs are working?, handbreak needs to work good, breaks, wipers, Tyre tread depth.

Make sure you have the car warm before it goes in so the emmisions will be low. Just give it a spirited drive for 20 mins before.

Not sure what else really.. If you think your brakes are low then they will probably give you an advisory depending on how low they are.

Mine failed on one tyre tread depth being too low, one ball joint and brakes got an advisory.

Good luck.

The car is already with them so it wotn get a chace to be fired up etc...

two of the tyres are pe2's and are fine and the cheapy federal ones are being replace by TR1's before the mot is done. All bulbs/handbrake are good. Havent had a look under the car properly at the exhaust in much detail yet. Hoping thats another thing to avoid as they are pretty pricey.

Fecker failed.

Bloody idiots couldnt get the locking wheel nuts off so decided to ignore my wish of fitting the new wheels prior to the mot. It then failed on the wheels and front brakes. Even tho it was still failed still a feckin stupid idea to put it thru the mot knowing it would fail.

Too add to this the guy said the petrol cap was broken. He claimed it fell off in his hands even tho last time i used it it was perfect. The fitting on the hing seems to have broken and there is a chip off the paint work on the cap. ARRGHHHH

I am no desperate to get these feckin wheel nuts off. Will renault have a master key for them? The garage seems to think they will.

Anyway, they are still charging me £30 for the mot and are looking in to the fuel cap incident.

Please let me know about wheel nut removal. So pissed off by this whole saga.

Rant over.

Cheers.

have you complained about that? that's just pointless, putting a car through an MoT, having been asked to fix a failure point beforehand. could they not just have told you they couldn't get the wheels off, so that you could postpone the test? hope they're not planning on charging you a re-test fee! sounds rubbish to me

I know a boy who works in the garage but isnt part of the MOT side of things. He spoke to me after saying they will do the tyres for free and will look in to the fuel cap. So looks like i should get those sorted.

Renault are closed just now but looks like il need a day off work to travel to wherever has the correct tools. Also gonna need new pads and or possibly discs on the front. Any recommendations? Or should i just go with their basic ones?

cheers

RB 182 cup
not being funny but it still failed, and even if you brakes were fine and it only failed on tyres you you wouldnt have to pay for a retest anyway.