ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

moving from honda...

dc2
hello, names tom, this is my current pride;

28fc8270-1.jpg

im a jdm man at heart, allways will be probably, but ive allways liked the clio and in a couple weeks the integra will be up for sale, and once gone, will be looking to downgrade(cough) haha, to a 172. reason being is its evident that 172's are a bargain atm and could do with the surplus cash right now.

probably going to get a dark blue or black 172, deck it on some speedlines and just enjoy it

PB172
Welcome mate, the teg looks mint :)

172 are proper decent prices atm and your simple plans sound ace :) Can't wait to see what you come up with :) Welcome to CS

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Was model is the teg mate, looks a little "different"

How long have you owned it?

Welcome dude.

dc2
Thanks for the welcomes, teg is a 1999 jdm integra type r, picture doesnt do it much justice, its in great condition, looking for about 5800 for it

Listerine & Poledo
Downgrading to a French rattle-hatch from that would make even the most aged Daily Mail reader cry.

:(

Besides, you wont be saving anything once it shows its true French side ands starts spitting parts out whenever you're not treating it like a princess.

dc2
Lol I know a few that have done the same and they dont seem to have had any major issues reliability wise

honda civic
ah durmz from tgtt? am also thinking of getting a 172 soon, look like cool little cars, just deciding if i want a cup or a full fat! wouldnt mind some of the luxuries :)

dc2
Yo churcher, yeah thats me. Yeah I thought the same, gonna go full fat, think ide end up in some ditch without abs haha, but tbh ile take whatever comes up at a reasonable price

172 phase 1
hello and welcome,

i've done something similar, gone from an MR2 turbo to a ph1 172 to free up some cash and i am really enjoying the clio, great little car :)

Disastra Coupe
Just so you know lad's, no such thing as a full fat 172 ;) It's a 172 or a 172 Cup... Full fat only comes into play with the 182's.

But welcome, good to see some JDM lad's showing a bit of love for the french car's :rasp: You will enjoy, no matter how much people knock them :)

honda civic
Negative, a 182 is just really fat lol

lol, im thinking the only way to go is a 172 cup, look awesome and a proper drivers car. im also getting cheaper insurance quotes with the cup over the normal ph2 172?! surely somethings wrong, im certain the 172 cup is a higher insurance group...

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Besides, you wont be saving anything once it shows its true French side ands starts spitting parts out whenever you're not treating it like a princess.

Hit the nail on the head there mate! Just this month I decided, screw you car, you've had enough spent on you recently! So I treated myself for a change. What does princess go and do? Splits a CV boot. Nothing major but a warning nonetheless.

And welcome mate...cup would be my choice too if I was in your position :)

Teg looks sweet by the way. Must be hard letting her go :(

Last edited:
I sold my ep3 a couple months ago for the same reason, at first i hated the clio but im slowly getting used to it and they are fun

Miss the ctr like mad though

Rs 182
I sold my ep3 a couple months ago for the same reason, at first i hated the clio but im slowly getting used to it and they are fun

Miss the ctr like mad though

Sorry to jump in,, But im missing my Ep3 like mad
Ive got a 182 ff and just had it handed to me by a cupra R.. But im Not very happy with mine:quiet:

172 Cup
Why not upgrade an buy a cup ;) ijokes lol, thats a nice dc2 mate, 98 spec i take it? My brother is a honda nut and has had loads so i know what good cars/engines they are!

dc2
Well a cupra r is alot more car, and very tunable so could have had any sort of bhp over 300, ide have been more surprised if youd have won, Cba with the cup, getting the clio for a run around not as a race car, an like the idea of aircan and half leather interior lol. I know ile miss the teg but as I say im not going to get the clio looking for a like for like sort of change, i dont expect it to match the teg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I would say a decent clio would be a match for the dc2. A mate has got a type r and has had his arse handed to him by a Leon. Pound for pound the clio performs well. Think you will like the clio mate

Dan.

Rs 182
Ctr boys that went to a 172, how was the insuramce difference? Up or down?

Hello mate.. My insurance went up by £70ish for the year which suprised me .. I asked why and they said it was because i had the civic for longer and this is a new car for me.. guessing that means they mean inexperiance with the car?
good hunting with the car

dc2
I would say a decent clio would be a match for the dc2. A mate has got a type r and has had his arse handed to him by a Leon. Pound for pound the clio performs well. Think you will like the clio mate

Dan.

when you say decent I presume you mean modified?