ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Moving on!

1.2 MK2 PH2
Alas it's time for me to move on from a 1.2 16v clio!

So shortly I'll be buying one of 2 cars.... But I need some help deciding.

The cars are either the fiesta zetec s mk6 or the extremely original saxo VTR.

Now I've been though the "on-paper" specs ect and the zetec is faster.

But after much waffle with friends and the usual "Don't be silly a vtr is faster and beats a tomcat jet...." trollap I've began to wonder...

What would the you lot go for? Personally I want a zetec as its newer, imo looks better, quicker (in theory) and a all round better car!

But I dont wanna get a beatin off all the little "B4D B01" racers on the road in their VTRs and theres alot of these round my end!

So help me solve this most troubling of problems!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Citroen always have their 0-60 specs quite conservative, as if it has a full tank of fuel or a passenger in the car. Probs not much in it but the saxo will probs handle better but also has the higher 'chav' factor.

Comes down to which you prefer to drive!

car? need a license 1st!
Saxo = as common as Jade Goody, and thier drivers are as offensive.

Go for the fiesta, just so you're different. Will probably be built better and easier to find a standard one.

Saxo VTR's are almost all modified or thrashed.

saxo vtr sis getting clio
awww the vtr aint that bad (vtr owner here lol)
if your looking for a safe all round reasonable quick car go for the fiesta
an just dont care if some willy in a vtr tries beating you, just let them drive off making a tit of themself

133/225/CLS AMG
Zetec-S all the way mate. Less common than the Saxos and look better.

Also I've had a drive of one a few times and it always raises a smile. Good handling, nice wheels and with an induction kit and exhaust system will look and sound sweet. Good value as well mate, bargain prices now. :D

1.2 MK2 PH2
Yeah thats another factor like. My mate had a VTR for a week and took it back for a refund! The gears were winding head gasket was leaking petrol and the calipers had jammed on then been pried off only to have left a awful scortch mark on the disks thus making it scay when breaking....

I reckon with a few minor adjustments the zetec could if not beat or give a vtr a right good go! The only gripe ppl seem to have with a zetec is how high you feel while sitting in it and apparantly it handles better than a VTR according to reviews... which is big factor as the main road through sunderland (e.g. wessington way) has about 8 billion round abouts in it (only jestin its got 3...)

1.2 MK2 PH2
awww the vtr aint that bad (vtr owner here lol)
if your looking for a safe all round reasonable quick car go for the fiesta
an just dont care if some willy in a vtr tries beating you, just let them drive off making a tit of themself
its not really the nob ends that bother me. With 1 neon on and the rest that dosnt work. I just want to give it the beans and leave my best m8 in the dust. It'll boil his blood loads :D .... for atleast 6month until he gets a fking 182...

yeah uv no idea how many of us saxo owners hate the knobs that give us a bad name!
lol ahhh i see well if you can find a well looked after saxo (rare) then i'd say go for it (but am biased) but the zetec does have 16valves to play about with an am pretty sure it'll be more comfortable too aswell as being quite quick

FOR SALE!!!
fair play if u got for the zetec s tho get it slammed my mates was like a boat when he put his foot down

1.2 MK2 PH2
fair play if u got for the zetec s tho get it slammed my mates was like a boat when he put his foot down
Yeah the mk6 is canny tall like and I've been reading a few zetec forums n they reckonb its a must on the mk6 not so much the mk5 as its a smaller model. But I like all the new toys in the mk6 so I'm avin that 1

Well i was already 80% on a zetec like and u lot have put me to 90% when i get me new motor ill post some pics :)

1.2 MK2 PH2

i agree, but i would try and by its less chavy mate, the 106 gti if you can afford it.
cant afford that kind of insurance mate! Ive already checked it for a git and a VTS and they are asking sill prices! But the likes of a saxo/c2 vtr, zetec/zetec s pug quiksilver that kind of range im gettin good prices so im not gunna get ahead of my self... maybe a gti next year!

i agree, but i would try and by its less chavy mate, the 106 gti if you can afford it.

gotta agree there even tho i own a saxo i'd gladly take a 106gti

Yeah the mk6 is canny tall like and I've been reading a few zetec forums n they reckonb its a must on the mk6 not so much the mk5 as its a smaller model. But I like all the new toys in the mk6 so I'm avin that 1

Well i was already 80% on a zetec like and u lot have put me to 90% when i get me new motor ill post some pics :)

kool kool mate defo stick some pics up an tell us the plans