ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG and tyre wear on 172/182's

'18 Megane dci
i've had 31 over the last 650 miles, 3/4 motorway, 1/4 B roads and short journeys to work (1 mile runs lol). Front tyres are ready for changing now at 13,500 miles from new.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I can't understand it, low fuel consumption has to be to do with different driving styles. I get about 35 mpg and drive like a loony, but only on and off so maybe that's why. Even driving at 120+ on a track (sic) for long periods it never drops below 35. I try to always use optimax. Tyres last me a year or 15k miles for fronts, backs have another 6k in 'em.

Cheers, Rob669

Rob669 said:
I can't understand it, low fuel consumption has to be to do with different driving styles. I get about 35 mpg and drive like a loony, but only on and off so maybe that's why. Even driving at 120+ on a track (sic) for long periods it never drops below 35. I try to always use optimax. Tyres last me a year or 15k miles for fronts, backs have another 6k in 'em.

Cheers, Rob669
35mpg on track? Something not right I get under 30 in a less powerful diesel.
Even on road I can driving like mad get 37mpg.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
32-39 here, usually around 36s as i get decent returns from a tank

got 17k out from set of tyres :approve:

rears still not replaced and on 29k :approve:

according to 16v clio thats 'ghetto'

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
:lolup:

i knew youd be in to reply to that!!
and the rears are still healthy!!

Need an oil top up i reckon though 3 bars on dash - ill take yeh up on yer offer at some point chief

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
16vClio said:
Never go by the dash old son....always on the dip stick..but aye just let me know.....

sound as sound as.

Iv to dazzle you with my megs anyway so will get something sorted

littleone said:
11k now 29mpg check tyre front 4mm rear 6mm just swap over last another 12 months

as someone has already said.. wear the fronts down to the limit.

buy 2 tyres, have them fitted on the rear, and have your rears fitted on the front.

you want the best tyres on the back so you dont lose the back end.

and you still only have to buy two tyres at a time instead of having to replace 4 in another 12 months or so..

You called Nick. About 6k for tyres as for MPG tbh i dont take much notice, general rule of thumb for me is when the needle is on empty i put more fuel it. If i was bothered about MPG i would have bought myself an oil burner.

Clio 182
MPG - dont hardly ever look at it tbh, think its about 26 the odd time ive seen it.

Tyres - on about 17,700 miles now inc 4 track days and apparently they are ok still.

ST
Loony said:
You called Nick. About 6k for tyres as for MPG tbh i dont take much notice, general rule of thumb for me is when the needle is on empty i put more fuel it. If i was bothered about MPG i would have bought myself an oil burner.

Couldn't agree more with that.

Best thing i've read on here for a long time...