ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mpg drop

RENAULT Clio 200
Hello, iv a Renault sport Clio 200 ff and iv maintained a steady mpg of approx 28 mpg for the 6months I’ve owned the car. It was serviced when I brought it and only since had the front pads replaced and a puncture repaired but steadily over the last month or so the mpg has slowly dropped down to a point where iv noticed that I’m spending a ton mor eon fuel and driving less. Finally I reset the trip computer and went for a 10 min drive and the mpg sat at 18mpg and was dropping as I was idling, all the way down to 14mpg!
If 14-18mpg is accurate I’m burning fuel at almost twice the rate but nothing has seemed to have changed ?
Iv seen thermostat threads saying this being faulty can cause extra fuel to be used but that it usually sits cold trying to constantly heat up, but if anything mine sits a lil hot at just around the middle point or a tad over.
I’m going to get a full on service done but will have to wait for a month or so due to the waiting list where I go, don’t want anything to get worse in the meantime.
Any ideas ?
Cheers

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Likely to be a lambda sensor, possibly an injector or spark plug. Have you had any misfires, loss of performance or lights on the dash?

RENAULT Clio 200
Performance seems fine, I do get a small popping noise that’s doing all the way through the car out the exhaust. Doesn’t seem like misfiring as it’s irregular and doesn’t change under load ? (Seen another thread saying the same sort of stuff)
I’m sure it just needs a good service but will cost me a bomb until then