ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Much better rolling road performance!

Went for a remap at RStuning yesterday so i thought i would post up the results here, before and after etc

As usual great service from paul, afterwards he sat me down and ran through the changes and then we went out for a drive. The rev limit has been raised to 7400rpm (the car will now pull 95mph in third) and i saw gains of 8bhp and 10lb'ft torque at peak. However the gains are right across the range and the car definately feels keener - the best way i can describe it is feels as fast two up as it used to when i was alone. An unscientific drag race with a friends 182 showed there was nothing in it where previously he had a slight edge.

All in all, money well spent, pics of dyno trace to follow

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
Went for a remap at RStuning yesterday so i thought i would post up the results here, before and after etc

As usual great service from paul, afterwards he sat me down and ran through the changes and then we went out for a drive. The rev limit has been raised to 7400rpm (the car will now pull 95mph in third) and i saw gains of 8bhp and 10lb'ft torque at peak. However the gains are right across the range and the car definately feels keener - the best way i can describe it is feels as fast two up as it used to when i was alone. An unscientific drag race with a friends 182 showed there was nothing in it where previously he had a slight edge.

Surely if you have the 172 cup standard for standard it should have been the other way around previously?

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo

Surely if you have the 172 cup standard for standard it should have been the other way around previously?

Depends if his mate had a remap or if his 182 is a cup.

sounds good,
i am filling my boot with ICE (booooo) so i will effectivly be driving around with another person in all the time! (60kg)
cant wait fo the remap

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
Rs tuning mapped my cammed mk1 hybrid did an excellent job! deffiently reccomended.

u have any graphs for us to see?

hi guys i will post the graphs when i get home, i'm just in london visiting my sister

yes, my friends is a cup - i can't explain the difference other than his car is a very good example and he did seem to get on the power sooner than me - i could only keep the same distance up to silly speeds, never closing.

\i thought the 182 cup was no lighter than standard anyhow? it's splitting hairs, main thing is i'm happy with the results

dyno trace new vs old

n500909014_814786_3792.jpg

No its the flywheel - it's not poor at all

Just a realistic set of rollers, to start my car was a couple of bhp average down from what paul usually see's but nothing serious.

\you cant compare results from one set of rolling roads to another - as i've said the main thing is there are clear benefits and i'm happy with the results

the car now makes the same bhp as my old ff 172 did with a decat and itg panel filter

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Mine was also done on a Dyno Dynamics r.road at 'Surrey Rolling Road' who are an independent, ie non-tuning company, so have nothing to prove ...

Result: 148bhp @ wheels and 177bhp @ fly - so to be honest, whilst there is an obvious improvement with the map, id be looking into why its potentially down on power?

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Because rolling road figures often mean bugger all, and are most useful for comparisons (pre and post remap).

yep /\/\/\/\

i would never compare rolling road figures from different rollers, even the same rollers on different days.

its the same with performance figures, 0-100 etc - only those done on the same day in the same conditions are comparable.

theres just too many variables

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
i would never compare rolling road figures from different rollers, even the same rollers on different days.

Okay, fair enough, im well aware of the pros/cons of a rolling road. My only though was that, being a '172' id be doing some investigations into why its potentially down on power ...

yeah cool, i can see where you are coming from and i did put it to paul. he reassured me there was nothing to worry about. he said most 172's average 160bhp give or take from his experience on his rollers, so 3.4bhp down and the average before the map i can live with. then you consider that 172 is the ps rating and not bhp (i've heard anyway) then manufacturer tolerences

from my experience with my old car (RIP) and the new one i've never had any trouble against identical cars.

i'll let you know what it's putting out at the wheels when i get back

what power was your car before the map and after?

Tangoed Works
sounds like an improvement. i wouldnt say you were down on power if you have the slight edge on a 182. at the end of the day regardless of the peak power showing... there is a clear 8bhp increase at the top end so the map has improved the car.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Okay, fair enough, im well aware of the pros/cons of a rolling road. My only though was that, being a '172' id be doing some investigations into why its potentially down on power ...
Be lucky to find a 172 that genuinely makes 172bhp.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Be lucky to find a 172 that genuinely makes 172bhp.

very true, but i would still be investigating if it was my car tbh. Only as ive had bad experiences with power lose. First time i had my car rr'd it came out at 129 bhp :eek: changed the 1.2 style backbox that was on the car when i bought it and it ran back up to 170.9 iirc.(same rollers) Your figures just seem a little low mate

well once i have my way the car wont be lacking for long, watch this space!

crikey, thats a massive difference from the backbox! how did it end up with a 1.2 on it anyhow?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
well once i have my way the car wont be lacking for long, watch this space!

crikey, thats a massive difference from the backbox! how did it end up with a 1.2 on it anyhow?

bought it like that :eek: didnt realise until i put it on the rollers. was totally restricting :eek: i thought it was quick with 129 couldnt believe the transformation with near 171:approve:

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
everyone thats been to RStuning think there power is down lol, go somewhere else if u want pub figures...

my hybrid made 169bhp and 149lbs\ft after its remap but im sure if u do else where probably add 10+ hp to that. end of the day its how the car performs that counds, IE on track and 1\4mile. :)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Each and every car will make different power and i can guarantee not 1 will make 172ps. Even though dyno dynamics have built in correction if you use the intake probe it still does not correct what the ecu is doing, if the intake temps rise the timing is pulled and fuel is added. usually you can get the same car to perform the same time after time IF you use the dyno correctly, and trust me sooooo many in the UK do not have a clue and never get repeatable figures.

Nice results mate :)
What would 172 c/w
acoustic valve removed c/w uprated air feed and Itg Panel Filter
full stainless steel exhaust system c/w decat
and
Angelworks Inlets

push out on average ?

Nice results mate :)
What would 172 c/w
acoustic valve removed c/w uprated air feed and Itg Panel Filter
full stainless steel exhaust system c/w decat
and