ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mud flaps, to have or to not?!

Had a good pre-winter clean of my Cup on Saturday and noticed that the area behind the front wheels was quite messed up (nothing I couldn't clean and polish out thankfully), is it best to bung some flaps on there for the winter months? Can't say I'm generally a fan of them but anything to protect my baby a bit!

And if so, which ones and from where?!

Mazda MX5 1.8
the front ones renault do....... maybe
the back ones they do....... no

not really a fan of the universal ones altho freebones valver looks hardcore with them

Paul J said:
Regular wash and wax rather than mud flaps imo

In the summer I wouldn't argue with this, but considering Sundays are the only chance for me to wash it in the winter it can be 5 or 6 weeks before I get a chance it doesn't always work out that easy.

Not even some super-subtle black ones trimmed and hidden as much as practically possible?!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
ukaskew said:
super-subtle black ones trimmed and hidden as much as practically possible?!

Would be the way to go if you must, hopefully someone will post a pic in the other thread.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
mudflaps should be left for evo/subaru owners, they look laughable on a clio, but then im not a fan of the stickyback plastic brigade. pointless to trim them right down as they wont be doing much of a job eh