ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX-5 Project Thread

Edition 30
Well I officially joined the gay club this weekend.

IMG_0239.jpg

There are a few things I'm going to sort myself.

Dave the mechanic is going to give her the once over this week. Then she's going into the warehouse.

List of things to do:

Sort roof out - Clip on one side needs attention.
New wipers.
New wing mirrors.

Front and rear drivers side wings need attention. May look into new ones to save farting about.

Then obviously after its in good working order.

Suspension (HSD's)
Wheels (I've got my eye on one or two)
Front lip.
Exhaust (not even looked into this yet).

And depending how long I keep this/how confident I get. Turbo?

IMG_0238.jpg

In terms of the overall feel/look of the car I'm very happy. Feels nice to drive and the engine is in very good condition for a 21 year old car!

I will be keeping the Clio until I have done what I need to do with this them I'm gonna turn the MX-5 into my daily.

Hopefully this all goes to plan, have some help from a few members on here already so I doubt I'm gonna have too many problems.

IMG_0237.jpg

Thanks all for looking and keep your eye out for some progress soon!

Listerine & Poledo
You'll need 4 wheels ideally mate, not just 1 or 2 ;)

What's the problem with your roof clip? If the hood in good order anyway, if not if may be worth tapping up stealers or a replacement hood and frame (any Mk.1/2/2.5 should go on)

Edition 30
You'll need 4 wheels ideally mate, not just 1 or 2 ;)

What's the problem with your roof clip? If the hood in good order anyway, if not if may be worth tapping up stealers or a replacement hood and frame (any Mk.1/2/2.5 should go on)

The drives side has most of the clip missing! The rest of it is perfect.

Good side...

IMG_0241.jpg

Bad side...

IMG_0242.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great buy Toby, looks clean mate!

Look forward to see what you do with it. Despoiler?

Edition 30
Great buy Toby, looks clean mate!

Look forward to see what you do with it. Despoiler?

Cheers mate. Gonna sort out the little things before I move onto others.

Might take it off and see what it's like for a while. Can always put it back on.

+1 on the de-spoiler. JDM Rear bumper & plate holder too?

Gonna look into this. Still haven't signed up to nutz yet so will do that soon.

Expensive month so far! Gotta hope it doesn't need too much doing to it underneath.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Welcome to the Clio and MX5 owners club!

Best weather to get one hey ;)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Rota grids I think it is that I think look proper nice, can't post a picture as I'm an iTard

Edition 30
Prefer the more subtle one in the top pic.

Black wheels? Most definitely. I don't want chrome lips...

RPF1's look better in black on a red car IMO. Just get a decent width and offset and you're golden. Don't need silly wide or low offset and mental stretch to pull them off if you ask me.

Edition 30
Just need to find some at the right price. Over night parts from Japan would be nice.

I think I'm gonna go for the HSD's. That ride height on the first pic would be easily achievable.

Edition 30
Good stuff! At least you're not looking at buying two new cars this month lol.

Nope! Having two is enough atm. Still not considered what to do with the Clio. Would love to keep it but it'll be expensive.

My main priorities now are to get this ready for the summer. (2013 knowing me)!

Swift Sport
Nope! Having two is enough atm. Still not considered what to do with the Clio. Would love to keep it but it'll be expensive.

My main priorities now are to get this ready for the summer. (2013 knowing me)!

I started off the month shopping for an MX-5 and somehow this week I appear to be about to buy something completely different! lol

Totally agree about the stance and wheels of the car in the first picture, looks ace!

Edition 30
:( Doesn't look that bad. (From what I can see under all the snow)

Not had it sideways in the snow yet then ;)

Had her sideways, but not in the snow. It's dead fun just pushing it a little bit and seeing how much you can get the back end out!

I started off the month shopping for an MX-5 and somehow this week I appear to be about to buy something completely different! lol

Totally agree about the stance and wheels of the car in the first picture, looks ace!

Practical yet pretty smart.

What you after?